Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

1 hour ago, BeachHound said:

I have heard a few under the radar Coordinators, that have been part of some pretty impressive rebuilds.

Would be a great first time head job for someone but could also be a very tough first head job. Clinton hasn’t been exactly an easy place for coaches to coach at. It’s a nice setup facility wise and coaching supplement though. The problem for coaches at Clinton is unrealistic expectations from the community. They act like we should be competing for championships every yr and at the end of the day we are just a decent 1a football school at this point talent wise.  I’m not sure if we could even beat teams like Coalfield and Oliver Springs which both are close to Clinton.

9 hours ago, DragonFan12 said:

Would be a great first time head job for someone but could also be a very tough first head job. Clinton hasn’t been exactly an easy place for coaches to coach at. It’s a nice setup facility wise and coaching supplement though. The problem for coaches at Clinton is unrealistic expectations from the community. They act like we should be competing for championships every yr and at the end of the day we are just a decent 1a football school at this point talent wise.  I’m not sure if we could even beat teams like Coalfield and Oliver Springs which both are close to Clinton.

I heard from a couple of very connected guys this evening that Ellison, an assistant coach from one of the Sevier Co. Schools, and Union County’s defensive coordinator are in the hunt. Some of the higher ups saw a couple of UC’s games the last 2 years and took notice. Regardless, if they can steal Rang or Ellison, it would be a homerun, and anyone that can find a way to win at Union County at least deserves a look. 

Edited by BeachHound

12 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

I heard from a couple of very connected guys this evening that Ellison, an assistant coach from one of the Sevier Co. Schools, and Union County’s defensive coordinator are in the hunt. Some of the higher ups saw a couple of UC’s games the last 2 years and took notice. Regardless, if they can steal Rang or Ellison, it would be a homerun, and anyone that can find a way to win at Union County at least deserves a look. 

Isn’t the DC at Union Co. Clinton’s coach prior to McKamey?  I’m not real sure how connected your “connections” are.

14 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

You realize that Kerr and his father are the coaches at UC right? One of the 6 head coaches that Collette has forced to resign in the past 3 1/2 years.

The way I understand it there has been 5 interviewed and one brought back for a 2nd interview.  I'll withhold the name for obvious reasons and honestly because I have never heard this name before.  I'm told it would be a home run though if it's true.  If you get a 2nd interview you are the guy or at least top 2.  That's how it was when I was an A.D. when I made a hire.

Edited by LG1977