Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

I understand wanting somebody with discipline, but that’s not been a huge problem for Clinton the last couple of years. The problems has been actual football execution. I don’t understand this hire at all but i will definitely give him the opportunity to prove me wrong. I just think there were multiple candidates that were better fits. We shall see how it ends up. 

Edited by DragonVol
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BeachHound said:

They were power football wishbone, power i, wing t concepts at Todd Co.

None of the video I watched were they in the Wing-t. I did see them in some I-formation on some clips but was usually in short yardage or goal line situation. What I watched they were in Shotgun and some pistol on Hudl. But instead of splitting hairs here, let’s just call them Multiple :thumb:.

7 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

None of the video I watched were they in the Wing-t. I did see them in some I-formation on some clips but was usually in short yardage or goal line situation. What I watched they were in Shotgun and some pistol on Hudl. But instead of splitting hairs here, let’s just call them Multiple :thumb:.

Did you watch 2019 stuff?  I don’t think I can post links here because the site is “forbidden.”  The VAST majority was some variation of 30 personnel. I haven’t seen anything yet of them in anything besides these (power sets.) 

15 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

Did you watch 2019 stuff?  I don’t think I can post links here because the site is “forbidden.”  The VAST majority was some variation of 30 personnel. I haven’t seen anything yet of them in anything besides these (power sets.) 

You would think we would hire someone that has a pass heavy offense. No offense to Randy(he did an overall good job) but his offense was hard to watch. As I’ve said before, it doesn’t matter who we hire until we get some kind of talented athletes in the school. Kind of tough to win in the region we are in right now.

1 hour ago, DragonFan12 said:

You would think we would hire someone that has a pass heavy offense. No offense to Randy(he did an overall good job) but his offense was hard to watch. As I’ve said before, it doesn’t matter who we hire until we get some kind of talented athletes in the school. Kind of tough to win in the region we are in right now.

Biggest question is will they give him time to at least try and win and also understand that winning a possible 5 to 6 games a year for right now will be a success. Trying to make the playoffs right now is going be hard to beat Powell, Fulton, West, Oak Ridge. They just need to hope TSSAA realigns everyone again after next year or Clinton is just going be sitting on the outside year after year

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, uofl said:

Biggest question is will they give him time to at least try and win and also understand that winning a possible 5 to 6 games a year for right now will be a success. Trying to make the playoffs right now is going be hard to beat Powell, Fulton, West, Oak Ridge. They just need to hope TSSAA realigns everyone again after next year or Clinton is just going be sitting on the outside year after year

Clinton needs to hope this for every sport. We simply just don’t have the athletes to compete right now.

1 minute ago, DragonFan12 said:

Clinton needs to hope this for every sport. We simply just don’t have the athletes to compete right now.

Well with that being the case then Clinton might want to be a ground and pound team that just tries to keep the ball away and keep the scores close. They need to just focus on their defense then so that way all the games can be low scoring. I also wonder if the coaches son is going to really come especially if it looks like they aren't going have the athletes around them to allow him to operate. If you try and run spread with no talent against Fulton, Powell, West and Oak ridge then your trouble when they just lock up man to man and bring pressure 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, uofl said:

Well with that being the case then Clinton might want to be a ground and pound team that just tries to keep the ball away and keep the scores close. They need to just focus on their defense then so that way all the games can be low scoring. I also wonder if the coaches son is going to really come especially if it looks like they aren't going have the athletes around them to allow him to operate. If you try and run spread with no talent against Fulton, Powell, West and Oak ridge then your trouble when they just lock up man to man and bring pressure 

Let me understand this...

1) The consensus from the fans, parents, & "CoachT-ers" was that McKamey couldn't win because of his ground-and-pound offense so he needed to be replaced.

2) There isn't enough talent for a fast-paced/spread-type offense at Clinton so they need to ground-and-pound to keep games close so they can have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

It's all starting to make sense now<_<  

23 minutes ago, Dragondog said:

Let me understand this...

1) The consensus from the fans, parents, & "CoachT-ers" was that McKamey couldn't win because of his ground-and-pound offense so he needed to be replaced.

2) There isn't enough talent for a fast-paced/spread-type offense at Clinton so they need to ground-and-pound to keep games close so they can have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

It's all starting to make sense now<_<  

I didn't think Mckamey should have been let go for the offense they were running or anything. I think he was doing the best job he could and you never force out an alum of the school in my opinion.  You mentioned they didn't have the athletes so I was just suggesting maybe they do that. Might be why they went with the power I style that was mentioned before.

6 minutes ago, uofl said:

I didn't think Mckamey should have been let go for the offense they were running or anything. I think he was doing the best job he could and you never force out an alum of the school in my opinion.  You mentioned they didn't have the athletes so I was just suggesting maybe they do that. Might be why they went with the power I style that was mentioned before.

Randy did a good job with what he had to work with. Our problem starts with Collette, Tipton, and that little guy in central office. If this hire doesn’t workout they all need to be gone.

• Like 1