Martin Westview at Lake County

lakecounty1968

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

McConnell as great of an offensive mind as he is cant put a good defense on the field. When at Waverly Huntingdon could never stop his offense but his defense was among the worst we faced all year. We basically scored on them everytime we had the ball. I will be surprised if Lake Co doesn't blow Westview out.

I think LC will be able to score at will as long as the Falcons do not turn the ball over or have silly penalties. Their passing game is what concerns me. If they were a heavy run team I wouldn't be worried at all.

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think LC will be able to score at will as long as the Falcons do not turn the ball over or have silly penalties. Their passing game is what concerns me. If they were a heavy run team I wouldn't be worried at all.

Is westview OL strong enough up front to keep us out of the backfield ?

Edited by Guidance1812

After a conversation with my wife's nephew who plays on the line for Dresden and has faced both these teams (with similar results for the Lions). He says LC defensive line is stronger than Westviews. He thinks LC gets this game by 14. Not seeing either team play and just going off articles I've read I think this will be a good close game. Westview being embarrassed last weekend should have them playing with a chip, they also have a very good RB when needed. Either way LC will be better come playoff time for just plying this game. Win or lose.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

After a conversation with my wife's nephew who plays on the line for Dresden and has faced both these teams (with similar results for the Lions). He says LC defensive line is stronger than Westviews. He thinks LC gets this game by 14. Not seeing either team play and just going off articles I've read I think this will be a good close game. Westview being embarrassed last weekend should have them playing with a chip, they also have a very good RB when needed. Either way LC will be better come playoff time for just plying this game. Win or lose.  

Agreed. I have seen Westview. LC line matches up very well with Westview. The Westview qb is very quick on his feet. LC doesn't have to sack him they just have to move him off his spots. LC must play physical with the Westview wide receivers. If LC does that they will be fine. Westview defense does not match up well with the LC offense.

5 hours ago, ysoangry said:

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Agreed. I have seen Westview. LC line matches up very well with Westview. The Westview qb is very quick on his feet. LC doesn't have to sack him they just have to move him off his spots. LC must play physical with the Westview wide receivers. If LC does that they will be fine. Westview defense does not match up well with the LC offense.

4 quarters of physical football sounds like the right dose then, can’t wait till Friday!