Gibson County @ West Carroll

GCPioneer

36 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

We have the ball 1st and 10 at the West Carroll 40... we run the ball down to the 1 or 2 yard line. Official throws a flag... next thing you know, we have the ball 1st and 10 at our own 15 yard line! 45 yard penalty.... explain that one!! And then the refs didn’t know whether to move the chains to make it 1st and 10 or to make it 1st and 55 (literally).... I’d give up my job if I was that bad at it.

yikes..that is awful

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

A Gibson County fan calling West Carroll dirty? Pot meet kettle.

Man.....   sure has been quiet from the div 2 seats lately.  Good to see you.  I’ve got video proof and kid in the hospital at Vanderbilt right now as proof.   And I said I shouldn’t have called Team dirty. But there were some clear cheap shots taken 

Edited by westtnsportsfan

17 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Man.....   sure has been quiet from the div 2 seats lately.  Good to see you.  I’ve got video proof and kid in the hospital at Vanderbilt right now as proof.   And I said I shouldn’t have called Team dirty. But there were some clear cheap shots taken 

I guess a team constantly getting 15yarders against them snapped off a little. I don't condone it but to act GC is the innocent party is hilarious. But of course in your eyes all GC penalties are normal and just boys being boys 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

8 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I guess a team constantly getting 15yarders against them snapped off a little. I don't condone it but to act GC is the innocent party is hilarious. But of course in your eyes all GC penalties are normal and just boys being boys 

Don’t defend the GC penalties at all.  Definitely wasn’t innocent.  And it has to be fixed.  The main difference is the GC penalties were all mouthing after the whistle.  Where this was a picking a kid up and driving him into the ground away from the play well after the whistle.   Either way it’s all behind us.  Hopefully the referees from the game are held accountable.  Because they were the main reason the game went the way it did. Good luck to WC the rest of the way.  Big region game for GC this week! 

I wonder if somebody would address the final score by Gibson County in that game. In my conversations with somebody who work at the ball game, GC scored on the final play of the game. The game was already decided. Why did the Gibson County coaches not tell the quarterback to take a knee to end the contest? That is what is traditionally done in this case. I would love to hear both sides of the story

Edited by ReitzFan

33 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I wonder if somebody would address the final score by Gibson County in that game. In my conversations with somebody who work at the ball game, GC scored on the final play of the game. The game was already decided. Why did the Gibson County coaches not tell the quarterback to take a knee to end the contest? That is what is traditionally done in this case. I would love to hear both sides of the story

To give you and your referee buddies something to talk about... tell them they should retire from reffing and go into radio broadcasting. You may be able to lead them in the right direction there...

Edited by GCPioneer

2 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Don’t defend the GC penalties at all.  Definitely wasn’t innocent.  And it has to be fixed.  The main difference is the GC penalties were all mouthing after the whistle.  Where this was a picking a kid up and driving him into the ground away from the play well after the whistle.   Either way it’s all behind us.  Hopefully the referees from the game are held accountable.  Because they were the main reason the game went the way it did. Good luck to WC the rest of the way.  Big region game for GC this week! 

Sounds like the crew we had a Dresden , terrible, seems to be a trend not just in high school but everywhere