Class 5A Playoff Picture

Rhea Co.

2 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

My point was we literally missed a game winning field goal. I thought we owned the line of scrimmage. We gave up a kick return for a TD also. 

I know Henry Co has improved this year but so has Beech.  They are not the same team you played early in the season.  I am hoping Gallatin can take care of Summit and Page to get another shot at them.  There were 2 key plays that Gallatin can point to that were mistakes.  I do not think Beech can play better defensively this next time around.  

2 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

My point was we literally missed a game winning field goal. I thought we owned the line of scrimmage. We gave up a kick return for a TD also. 

Beech capitalizes off of a lot of special teams play. We jumped offsides in the 1st half right before a chip shot FG they were about to attempt.Turned into a 1st & goal from about the 1. They score and go up 7-3 at half instead of 3-3. 2nd half, we fumble on a punt return we had brought back to the Beech 40 yd. line. That turned into the drive that won them the game. They scored twice, both were started by negative special teams play from Gallatin. Guess my point is, I could argue Gallatin came just as close. Beech doesn't make those mistakes though, so don't depend on it. 

19 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Not saying HC can’t beat Beech and honestly, shoukdnhave made the FG to do so in week 2. I believe the product being put on the field now is completely different than week 2 (I’m sure many others can say the same).  Beech has historically gotten better the further the season goes and this year isn’t any different.  I’m not sure they have peaked yet either.

Just making my predictions. I’m certain Beech will get everyone’s best shot from here on out. 

I don’t think there’s much difference between Beech, Gallatin or Henry Co. Haven’t seen Page or Shelbyville but I’m sure they are both good teams. All that to say, 5A is loaded this year just on the west side alone. I’m sure East is strong too. DONT think I’ve seen this much depth in 5A before. Gonna be a blast!

7 minutes ago, tandem said:

I don’t think there’s much difference between Beech, Gallatin or Henry Co. Haven’t seen Page or Shelbyville but I’m sure they are both good teams. All that to say, 5A is loaded this year just on the west side alone. I’m sure East is strong too. DONT think I’ve seen this much depth in 5A before. Gonna be a blast!

For sure! Whoever comes out of region 5 or 6 into the semis will be WELL EARNED

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

I know Henry Co has improved this year but so has Beech.  They are not the same team you played early in the season.  I am hoping Gallatin can take care of Summit and Page to get another shot at them.  There were 2 key plays that Gallatin can point to that were mistakes.  I do not think Beech can play better defensively this next time around.  

Beech had some defensive players that weren’t 100% and at least one defensive starter didn’t play. Beech will be better defensively. 

59 minutes ago, tandem said:

Said it all year, 5A is the deepest class by far this year

1 hour ago, tandem said:

Whomever gets there will have definitely earned it.  It will be difficult not be a casualty of the underdog.  I think we may see several top teams getting beat because the competition is so fierce this year.  Just hope Gallatin is not one of them.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Whomever gets there will have definitely earned it.  It will be difficult not be a casualty of the underdog.  I think we may see several top teams getting beat because the competition is so fierce this year.  Just hope Gallatin is not one of them.  

After the first round I believe Gallatin will be the underdog.