Class 5A Playoff Picture

Rhea Co.

17 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Both are and was very good men! Couldnt ask for better leaders of our HC program!

Haven't met Jr., but Sr. was a class act.  

At the Monday presser before the 2011 Blue Cross Bowl I asked him for 5 minutes to do some audio to use in my radio pre-game show.  I ended up leaving with 30 minutes of recorded audio, all really good stuff.  As busy as he was that week he didn't have to do that.  And he thanked me for talking to  him after we were through.  Believe me, not many coaches whom I didn't already know ever did that.   

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Haven't met Jr., but Sr. was a class act.  

At the Monday presser before the 2011 Blue Cross Bowl I asked him for 5 minutes to do some audio to use in my radio pre-game show.  I ended up leaving with 30 minutes of recorded audio, all really good stuff.  As busy as he was that week he didn't have to do that.  And he thanked me for talking to  him after we were through.  Believe me, not many coaches whom I didn't already know ever did that.   

That's how Sr. Was and we all hated losing him just as a man let alone he was a heck of a coach! Jr. Is now making his own way and is following in his father's footsteps! In his 4th year ever as a head coach he had us in the state championship game last year! Two great men, two great coaches!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

That's how Sr. Was and we all hated losing him just as a man let alone he was a heck of a coach! Jr. Is now making his own way and is following in his father's footsteps! In his 4th year ever as a head coach he had us in the state championship game last year! Two great men, two great coaches!! 

Remember back months ago I asked the HC faithful if we could meet up in Cookeville again this year? I’ve followed y’all so far this year and I was worried at first but it seems y’all have got it together. Would love to see another matchup if we can hold up our end of the bargain. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Remember back months ago I asked the HC faithful if we could meet up in Cookeville again this year? I’ve followed y’all so far this year and I was worried at first but it seems y’all have got it together. Would love to see another matchup if we can hold up our end of the bargain. 

We have several good teams to go through as well. Just from what I have seen from our team through the season we have grown so SO much since game 1. Our defense is really stout right now and has gotten better every game! So far we are the only team to beat 6A Brentwood! Only team to beat Dyer County (I know that's not all that impressive I dont guess but still). Freshman QB getting more and more comfortable and confident each game! We have 5 RB's that can carry the rock and do damage. I would be suprised if we are not in the semifinals. Very possible to be back in Cookeville! I really really like what I'm seeing from this team at this point in the season!

15 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

And I keep up with Central every week to see how yall are doing! Looking good so far! Is it 20 games in a row yall won now?

11 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

And I keep up with Central every week to see how yall are doing! Looking good so far! Is it 20 games in a row yall won now?

That would be correct, however we have three tough games to end our regular season in Carter, South Doyle and Gibbs. All pose different threats so will be challenging. Our Defense is....well it’s our Defense and the strength of our team like always and has been about better than last year. Our offense started the year slow but has really came on strong the past couple games. If we continue to get better each week like we have been, I like our chances. A Central vs Henry County rematch would be epic.

33 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

That would be correct, however we have three tough games to end our regular season in Carter, South Doyle and Gibbs. All pose different threats so will be challenging. Our Defense is....well it’s our Defense and the strength of our team like always and has been about better than last year. Our offense started the year slow but has really came on strong the past couple games. If we continue to get better each week like we have been, I like our chances. A Central vs Henry County rematch would be epic.

It would be! Kinda sounds like HC the way you described Centrals offense starting the season slow and picking it up the more the season goes on! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

A lot of eyes will be on the Gallatin at Beech Game in a few weeks. That game has a lot of playoff implications and will more than likely be played 2 times in just a few weeks. Regular season and playoffs. 

Better get a seat early!!  Hope they drag a few portables in as well.  

15 hours ago, werazzlin said:

YES!!! it will be a packed house for sure. I hope they at least put the bands in the portable bleachers. It will be a CROWD!!

Rumor has it the bands will be in the endzones. It will be for the region championship, but both teams have a game before that one.

I believe Gallatin will have their hands full with Hendersonville. You can throw records (and nearly everything else) out the window in these type games.  The Beech/SC game will be closer than what most think.  I expect a lot of different players to see the field, to rest them and avoid any silly injuries. 

6 hours ago, eers said:

Rumor has it the bands will be in the endzones. It will be for the region championship, but both teams have a game before that one.

I believe Gallatin will have their hands full with Hendersonville. You can throw records (and nearly everything else) out the window in these type games.  The Beech/SC game will be closer than what most think.  I expect a lot of different players to see the field, to rest them and avoid any silly injuries. 

Rest them??  You just had fall break.  Surely you are not worried about next week.