Peabody @ Union City

FightingBlue0

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Every school has "one of those years" and it seems UC isn't immune to it themselves. I'm hearing lower numbers than usual out in Union City..whats up with that? Y'all usually have a full sideline.  I couldn't help but notice Obion County runs basically the same offense as UC. Would that be affecting anything?

The most I can recall on the sideline at UC in recent years is the 2014 season when it was almost a guarantee we were going to win another championship. That year I think there was right at 50 on the team. I’m like Swo there are several that have played in the past and they don’t play anymore. It’s a tough program and this sport isn’t for everyone. You all know you can’t be half way in to play this one. It’s all or none and not many kids these days are that dedicated. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

The most I can recall on the sideline at UC in recent years is the 2014 season when it was almost a guarantee we were going to win another championship. That year I think there was right at 50 on the team. I’m like Swo there are several that have played in the past and they don’t play anymore. It’s a tough program and this sport isn’t for everyone. You all know you can’t be half way in to play this one. It’s all or none and not many kids these days are that dedicated. 

To many video games, trophies and parents  babying their children 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

All of this stuff runs in cycles... Union City has been and will always be Union City, that is reality... accept this year for what it is and know that you all will bounce back...

If you really look at last year they have been no different, flashes of a championship team and flashes of poor play i.e. fumbles !!! They have the same record to thos point last year or better, I believe ! Started 0-3 last year ! Yep they lost to GC but if they get a W this year against The Rebs its a wash in region play !! I just am not ready to call the season a wash for the Golden Tornadoes like some hope or want .     Do I think Peabody and UC is gonna be close ?Nope, but if The Tide comes in flat and UC plays "UC"old school ball you never know !!! I really think the region shakes out 

PHS

GC

UC

Mckenzie

But only time and friday night lights will tell !!

I never give UC Tide predictions and that doesnt change this year I just think its Peabodys year for this year and a few more after just a personal opinion.

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

If you really look at last year they have been no different, flashes of a championship team and flashes of poor play i.e. fumbles !!! They have the same record to thos point last year or better, I believe ! Started 0-3 last year ! Yep they lost to GC but if they get a W this year against The Rebs its a wash in region play !! I just am not ready to call the season a wash for the Golden Tornadoes like some hope or want .     Do I think Peabody and UC is gonna be close ?Nope, but if The Tide comes in flat and UC plays "UC"old school ball you never know !!! I really think the region shakes out 

PHS

GC

UC

Mckenzie

But only time and friday night lights will tell !!

I never give UC Tide predictions and that doesnt change this year I just think its Peabodys year for this year and a few more after just a personal opinion.

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

I think adamsville May beat McKenzie 

This could be a strange game. Peabody are the champs and look to be rolling to it again. Until somebody stands up and proves different you can't argue it. We are not the dominant overpowering team we have been in the past but we have flashes of really good play. Our offense has changed a little to adjust to that. If we play the way I believe we can, we can make this an interesting game worth watching. However, if we play like we have the last couple of weeks it could get ugly. Hopefully the fact it is Peabody will get our guys up and out ready to play without mistakes.