FORREST AT SUMMERTOWN

GeneralForrest

I could not imagine starting a HS football program from scratch, much less without any support financially. I know for a fact that Nolensville was just over a million for their stadium. Rockvale was probably too. I know much bigger schools with turf, but any stadium nowadays would be right at a million, turf or not. That doesn't count everything else that goes into a program. Summertown was a tough game when they were in 1A. Keep grinding.

1 minute ago, Jobres76 said:

I could not imagine starting a HS football program from scratch, much less without any support financially. I know for a fact that Nolensville was just over a million for their stadium. Rockvale was probably too. I know much bigger schools with turf, but any stadium nowadays would be right at a million, turf or not. That doesn't count everything else that goes into a program. Summertown was a tough game when they were in 1A. Keep grinding.

TRUST ME this is going to be a very tough game!!!

Just now, GeneralAmerigha said:

TRUST ME this is going to be a very tough game!!!

If our boys show up like they did for Lewis Co then yes. If we play y’all like we did Loretto then Forrest will whoop us like they did Lawrence co last night. I’m hoping we play up to yalls level this week.

this sticks out from my last year's recap:

The game itself was maddening to watch. Forrest completely lost confidence, like they have the last two seasons as soon as something didn't go their way. They are now officially a fast starting, "take our first punch, hit us back, and we will wilt," team, and all are to blame. 

This year's Forrest team has been very different, but this is the toughest region test of the year, therefore it is the most important game of the year so far.  

45 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Nope... not that much. Lights are the biggest expense, followed by bleachers. Lights 250,000 (+/-), one side seating 175,000, plus "minor" things... sod, concessions, bathrooms, top dressing, ect… everything except the two "big ticket" items have been community projects. Fieldhouse came later at around 400,000. Just like you eat an elephant, take one bite at a time and it'll all eventually be done.

Good luck to you all, it's a long, hard journey, but it's worth it.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Hey, the officials used to call our field "the cowpasture"... our visitors side had no bleachers...our bathroom facilities were nice though, two brand new porta-potties!!!

We made fun of ourselves more than others did, and it made us determined to do better… we still don't have the nicest in Tennessee now, but we're also still building, and very proud of what we have done so far.

I like Scott’s Hill field. You can literally take your gold out chair on the visitors side of the bleachers and it will fit. Very comfortable. 

Summertown is difficult to read this year. 

1. Blow out loss to Mount Pleasant, who was smoked at home by Cornersville (down) and Fayetteville (up). 

2. Comfortable win over a very down Wayne Co

3. Squeaker over perennially mediocre Colinwood. 

4. Squeaker over weak sister Richland 

5. Shocking road upset over 2x defending Region champ Lewis. 

6. Equally shocking struggle to put away Loretto (Who Forrest boatraced, and might win one more game) in 2OT. 

Strangest 5-1 I've seen in a while. What insight can Eagles fans contribute here?

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Summertown is difficult to read this year. 

1. Blow out loss to Mount Pleasant, who was smoked at home by Cornersville (down) and Fayetteville (up). 

2. Comfortable win over a very down Wayne Co

3. Squeaker over perennially mediocre Colinwood. 

4. Squeaker over weak sister Richland 

5. Shocking road upset over 2x defending Region champ Lewis. 

6. Equally shocking struggle to put away Loretto (Who Forrest boatraced, and might win one more game) in 2OT. 

Strangest 5-1 I've seen in a while. What insight can Eagles fans contribute here?

I have been wondering the same thing.