#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

3 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

What makes you equal to Alcoa and Ravenwood? I believe both proved they were better. 

Do you think Blackman is the only team that's improved this season?

The Alcoa game Blackman actually dominated the majority of it. They lost that game on special teams Kicking is just not that strong. Every kickoff is ending up on the 30 plus. Alcoa ran one kick off back for a td and that was the difference in that game. Raven wood was also a muchcloser game than thescore showed up as Blackman was also controlling that game some what and got beat on 2 pass plays... Again putting the shortest guy on the team as a safety???? Done that since Amauri Burks was there.. We are not going to win jump balls against 6'3 with a 5.2 safety. But all that aside  Oakland still wins this by 17 

25 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

The Alcoa game Blackman actually dominated the majority of it. They lost that game on special teams Kicking is just not that strong. Every kickoff is ending up on the 30 plus. Alcoa ran one kick off back for a td and that was the difference in that game. Raven wood was also a muchcloser game than thescore showed up as Blackman was also controlling that game some what and got beat on 2 pass plays... Again putting the shortest guy on the team as a safety???? Done that since Amauri Burks was there.. We are not going to win jump balls against 6'3 with a 5.2 safety. But all that aside  Oakland still wins this by 17 

Agreed, that was also my assumption after watching the replay. Blackman maybe better than most think, but how do we make sense of a 42 point loss to Indy. That’s enough substance there to assess Blackman as not a top 10 team.

3 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

The talent level may be even, but the coaching staffs are not. 

Blackman may beat Oakland... I've seen stranger things happen. 

No way, but I do believe Ravenwood is overrated. Let’s say you smash Blackman by 4+ scores.... a team that Ravenwood could barely squeak by. After a preseason where Ravenwood was returning nearly everyone with 4 D1 recruits. That will put Oakland on there own island.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Agreed, that was also my assumption after watching the replay. Blackman maybe better than most think, but how do we make sense of a 42 point loss to Indy. That’s enough substance there to assess Blackman as not a top 10 team.

The 42 point loss to Indy could be 62 ...Blackmans Safetys are always challenged, Not sense Ronnie Killings, and Jennings has Blackman put anyone 6ft tall at safety.  Indy simply mismatched speed and size on the recievers and made it a jumpball game , and Blackman lost terribly.   Blackman will play the run very well tomorrow night, but get blasted in the passing game, as Far as playoffs,  Blackman will draw a two seed in the district, but the gap between 1 and 2 is bigger than in the past. Blackman will draw well in playoffs, and make 2 games and  thenn be sitting at home,  They are not a top ten team this year. Not from what I have seen. 

49 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

The 42 point loss to Indy could be 62 ...Blackmans Safetys are always challenged, Not sense Ronnie Killings, and Jennings has Blackman put anyone 6ft tall at safety.  Indy simply mismatched speed and size on the recievers and made it a jumpball game , and Blackman lost terribly.   Blackman will play the run very well tomorrow night, but get blasted in the passing game, as Far as playoffs,  Blackman will draw a two seed in the district, but the gap between 1 and 2 is bigger than in the past. Blackman will draw well in playoffs, and make 2 games and  thenn be sitting at home,  They are not a top ten team this year. Not from what I have seen. 

I agree with u Blaze45.  Our safeties are very short.  I have sat in stands and wondered why #2 can’t be a safety. He’s rangy!  Murphy will stop the run I believe but the pass does worry me.  Thank goodness Oakland is a running team and not a pass happy team like independence was.  They put on a clinic that night...our poor DBs were shell shocked.  

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I think Indy may be a top 10 team.  We will know for sure in 24 hours.  

20 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

I agree with u Blaze45.  Our safeties are very short.  I have sat in stands and wondered why #2 can’t be a safety. He’s rangy!  Murphy will stop the run I believe but the pass does worry me.  Thank goodness Oakland is a running team and not a pass happy team like independence was.  They put on a clinic that night...our poor DBs were shell shocked.  

Maybe not, but they do have a QB with FBS offers (13 TD's 0 INT's). Just because they prefer to run doesn't mean they can't throw for 250-300 yards. Blackman might be able to slow down Oakland's run game, but won't completely shut it down. Murphy is a gamer though

6 hours ago, BigGameHunter said:

Like you said I don't understand why  Emilio, Todd Lark, (there is one other receiver I cant think of) are not playing safeties. Aiden Allen has come on strong, Connor Murphy is a beast and they will do a good job on Oaklands run Game as long as the front line can stop Oaklands o line from getting into the secondary. I watched them take Murphy out of the equation last year by getting a blocker on him nearly every play .

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Like you said I don't understand why  Emilio, Todd Lark, (there is one other receiver I cant think of) are not playing safeties. Aiden Allen has come on strong, Connor Murphy is a beast and they will do a good job on Oaklands run Game as long as the front line can stop Oaklands o line from getting into the secondary. I watched them take Murphy out of the equation last year by getting a blocker on him nearly every play .

Keionte Newsome is prolly the other WR your thinking about. Maybe Blackman is trying to keep from having alot of kids play both ways? I understand trying to keep kids fresh but it they are your best player at multiple positions, then they need to play, especially in a game like this. Good to have you back on the boards B45, I got a spot saved for you on the Oakland Bandwagon for when we make our playoff push

Edited by MidTennFootball

55 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Keionte Newsome is prolly the other WR your thinking about. Maybe Blackman is trying to keep from having alot of kids play both ways? I understand trying to keep kids fresh but it they are your best player at multiple positions, then they need to play, especially in a game like this. Good to have you back on the boards B45, I got a spot saved for you on the Oakland Bandwagon for when we make our playoff push

Thank you MTF....Just trying to keep my head on and my heart right.  Now don't get all crazy on me and think I will be cheering for Oakland " WHEN"  they win state  this year.  I don't know what's worse cheering for them or hoping  Pep vol, Starz, and Rebelwoman all do well or actually having to agree with MJ Goldenbear... boy talk about a turn of events....