#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

8 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

I hope to get to visit maryville with the blaze in the semi's - never been to maryville high but hear it's awesome.  

The crowd is relentless.  They know every single blade of turf.  Its something to see.

The opponent has visions of Bristol as the slope on the Visitor Side is 33 degree banking.

Its a very tight venue with bowl shaped arena.   Everybody should go once.

Just now, BigGameHunter said:

We got the talent to get there.....if we use them correctly....and I think last week started that...

But friday is big, I will give you that....but I just like our chances.

If, a big if. For 3 Quarters, the offense was lifeless. I think Hartsfield is a good HC, but he needs a better OC to ever seriously challenge teams like Oakland consistently

16 minutes ago, StorkMontgomery said:

The crowd is relentless.  They know every single blade of turf.  Its something to see.

The opponent has visions of Bristol as the slope on the Visitor Side is 33 degree banking.

Its a very tight venue with bowl shaped arena.   Everybody should go once.

Not having a track makes for a cozy environment. I'll take Stork's Bristol analogy a bit further. These stadium/walkway/track/football fields venues are the cookie cutter mile and a half ovals of high school football. If building a new school, avoid them at all costs. Look at MJ's and on a bigger scale Spartanburg's new schools/stadiums. 

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

They're going to have to show alot more, especially in the running game.

Something nobody has brought is Jordan Brown is expected to be back this week. This is the first time all year Oakland's offense will be at full strength

I’ve heard the Oakland offense is only getting 14pts against the Blackman defense.  Glad the Pats will be at full strength or they’d only get 7-10pts. 

39 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I’ve heard the Oakland offense is only getting 14pts against the Blackman defense.  Glad the Pats will be at full strength or they’d only get 7-10pts. 

We have great LBs and a big DL...

I just think Oakland schedule has been weak (and not their fault) and they have not been tested in the least, not one team they have played has close to the same talent as them.  Friday night, talent will be more equal...

Like I said, we will see.  I hope Oakland is full strength...and I hope we are as well.

8 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

We have great LBs and a big DL...

I just think Oakland schedule has been weak (and not their fault) and they have not been tested in the least, not one team they have played has close to the same talent as them.  Friday night, talent will be more equal...

Like I said, we will see.  I hope Oakland is full strength...and I hope we are as well.

Talent won't be as lopsided, but Blackman talent-wise is down from what they have been and even those teams couldn't beat Oakland. A good defense doesn't give up 49 points