Glencliff reported to be ending football this season

nrgrizzlies

Holding a kid back a year is not against the rules. There are a lot of parents who chose to do it for other reasons. When a coach knows a rule but will still brake it is somthing the TSSAA needs to address.

12 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Stirring the pot here....

where does recruiting rank compared to holding a kid back a year for athletics?  To think that this isn’t happening would also be naive.

:popcorneater:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFW3 said:

You made the blanket statement about five specific schools with coaching staff members going out to middle school football games for the purposes of illegally recruiting players.  I simply asked for specifics of which you provided none.  As I said in the original post, I am not implying you are not telling the truth, but making broad accusations about multiple programs blatantly violating association bylaws but then providing nothing to substantiate your claim is not appropriate and in any venue would be characterized as hearsay.

To echo the comment from 4thq, yes we are all the police in this regard.

That’s the typical defense. Do you have proof? Pictures? Emails? Texts? Come on man, your profile picture gives away that you think it’s ok. 

I don’t have pictures. I don’t have emails. I don’t have texts. I DO have eyes. I have seen it at more than one game myself this year in Sumner County. The truth is, I wish we could get a couple of those same privates on the schedule. Kids wouldn’t leave and go to that school if your zoned public school hung 60 on them, just because they want to feel special that little Johnny is “being recruited”. I’m still not sure why kids are leaving Rutherford or Sumner Counties to go to privates. Especially kids leaving Sumner to go to JPII... I mean they have never won anything in football. One playoff victory? Their best record EVER is 7-4 and that was with a NCAA All American, a Biletnikoff winner, a NFL Pro Bowler. Talk about a waste of talent. 

PARENTS DON’T BELIEVE THE LIES...

YOUR KID ISNT GOING TI GET BETTER COACHING.

YOUR KID DOESNT HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IF PLAYING IN COLLEGE. 

LET HIM PLAY WITH HIS FRIENDS AT PROGRAMS THAT HAVE TRADITION, HAVE BETTER COACHING, WIN MORE GAMES, HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

TSSAA BYLAWS CHANGES APPROVED FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR 1. Article II, Section 7 (Repeating Rule) This change states that a student who repeats sixth, seventh, or eighth grade and participates in school athletics while repeating shall be ineligible in all sports at all levels in the ninth grade.

Looks like the holding back has been addressed. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

That’s the typical defense. Do you have proof? Pictures? Emails? Texts? Come on man, your profile picture gives away that you think it’s ok. 

I don’t have pictures. I don’t have emails. I don’t have texts. I DO have eyes. I have seen it at more than one game myself this year in Sumner County. The truth is, I wish we could get a couple of those same privates on the schedule. Kids wouldn’t leave and go to that school if your zoned public school hung 60 on them, just because they want to feel special that little Johnny is “being recruited”. I’m still not sure why kids are leaving Rutherford or Sumner Counties to go to privates. Especially kids leaving Sumner to go to JPII... I mean they have never won anything in football. One playoff victory? Their best record EVER is 7-4 and that was with a NCAA All American, a Biletnikoff winner, a NFL Pro Bowler. Talk about a waste of talent. 

PARENTS DON’T BELIEVE THE LIES...

YOUR KID ISNT GOING TI GET BETTER COACHING.

YOUR KID DOESNT HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IF PLAYING IN COLLEGE. 

LET HIM PLAY WITH HIS FRIENDS AT PROGRAMS THAT HAVE TRADITION, HAVE BETTER COACHING, WIN MORE GAMES, HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

Gave you a trophy for speaking the truth.  The only thing they could remotely say they have over the county schools is a turf field.  Of course some parents like to brag about their kids getting recruited.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

The number of athletes leaving RuCo for private schools has greatly decreased. There may be a few in Smyrna and LaVergne, but Blackman and Oakland's success on the field and getting kids recruited have pretty much stopped the privates from even trying. 

(Name of private school here) can only offer so many "bus driving" jobs to dads of players.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

This rule has been in place for the 8th grade for years it is just now going to 6th 7th and 8th grade. Most kids are held back before that but if the rule is broken and someone knows about it turn them in.

9 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

It happens all the time and the student that is held back just doesn’t participate in the sport through the school (I think that only applies if it is a TMSAA sanctioned sport, which isn’t going to allow two 8th grade years of participation anyway). Seems like a weird rule to me. 

Just watch the privates... they always seem to find a way around the rules they don’t like (some people call it cheating, but we all know the privates don’t do that).

18 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Stirring the pot here....

where does recruiting rank compared to holding a kid back a year for athletics?  To think that this isn’t happening would also be naive.

:popcorneater:

Since there is an age limit and a four year limit starting in 9th grade, what difference does it make if a kid is held back? Do what is best for your kid.