Hampton Heads to Cloudland Round 2

uknoit2

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

It would not be smart to run up the score.  There are people around here that are on the edge.  If its 42-0 at halftime again, let the clock run in the 2nd half and no more scoring.  It could happen again but I think cland will play much better this go around.  Hampton may have to grind a 42-0 win through 4 quarters this time.  Our lack of speed on the D-line has killed us against the run this year.  We just can't fill the gaps, plug the middle, string plays out to the sideline,  run people down in the backfield,  generate a consistent pass rush.  Our LB's and DB's have played as well as they can against the run.  I think the Line is playing their butts off to the best of their ability.  Everyone is giving their all for cland football on the field of play.  Those boys deserve respect for playing hard every Friday night.  Its a hard pill to swallow and old king's throat has gotten big through 42 years of ups and downs,  but sometimes the talent on the other side of the ball is too much to overcome.  I'm a proud man which is why I respect our boys so much for continuing to show up on Friday night and play their butts off.  I don't think I could handle getting beat like that every week. 

Both teams just need to show up and play ball....IF the 2's and 3's are in the second half and score 42 more, that's just the way it goes. I'm not convinced we'll get up by 42 and don't think it'll be a blow out either...But those looking for a reason to be mad, will use ANY reason to be mad...So, it doesn't matter what we do or don't do 

8 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Both teams just need to show up and play ball....IF the 2's and 3's are in the second half and score 42 more, that's just the way it goes. I'm not convinced we'll get up by 42 and don't think it'll be a blow out either...But those looking for a reason to be mad, will use ANY reason to be mad...So, it doesn't matter what we do or don't do 

Mad before it even starts and will be worse when its over. Got a petition going to get shed of Mike ,he left and now he's done them really bad. Thats just about stupid. Its sorta hard to have it both ways.

30 minutes ago, pujo said:

Mad before it even starts and will be worse when its over. Got a petition going to get shed of Mike ,he left and now he's done them really bad. Thats just about stupid. Its sorta hard to have it both ways.

A petition?!! What in the world could anyone be petitioning? Fill me in....

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

A petition?!! What in the world could anyone be petitioning? Fill me in....

There was something like a 15 page manifesto that was brought before the school board to have coach Lunsford fired.  I think it had more to do with girls basketball than football. 

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Wasnt the petition a basketball thing.If we don’t play better then we did last time we deserve to get blown out. Like uknoit said if the 2 and 3 score so be it. Those kids work just as hard can’t tell them not to score if they have a chance.

And that's all I was saying...We took our beatings for a few years...it happens 

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

There was something like a 15 page manifesto that was brought before the school board to have coach Lunsford fired.  I think it had more to do with girls basketball than football. 

So, it's something old I take it...since you can't fire a retired person 

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

I think coach knew when he came back that the football program would not be like it used to be.  Pittman had almost damaged it beyond repair.  Some people may have had hope that he would return the program to a state power.  I never said anything, but deep down I knew it wouldn't happen.  Back in the hey day,  everyone was on the same page.  Things have changed so much,  its almost unrecognizable. 

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Wanted him fired for coaching ANYTHING or even teaching. Careful what you ask for.