Hampton Heads to Cloudland Round 2

uknoit2

4 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

triston lacy conner birchfield hunter blair hunter shell wyatt jullian garrison julian dave miller noah stout logan johnson eli presswood jed childress chase shell collin morgan seth birchfield landon johnson are these the kids you are referring to when you say cloudland has no talent because i'm very close to one of those and thats my kid your calling no talent

I understand what you are saying but IMDog is just talking about how Senior jumps ship when he thinks times are going to be tuff. Pujo jumped him saying he wasn’t from Hampton didn’t even admit he was wrong when he was trying to put a Roan Mtn family down.

26 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

triston lacy conner birchfield hunter blair hunter shell wyatt jullian garrison julian dave miller noah stout logan johnson eli presswood jed childress chase shell collin morgan seth birchfield landon johnson are these the kids you are referring to when you say cloudland has no talent because i'm very close to one of those and thats my kid your calling no talent

As far as I know, Cloudland destroyed Hampton last season, had most of the starters returning. Nearly the whole line are seniors who has a ton of experience, Hampton don't have a single senior lineman. Looks like Cloudland should be able to compete pretty well.  Must have just had one player last season, Dang what a stud to win 9 games by himself. Has he signed with the Patroits yet.

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

As far as I know, Cloudland destroyed Hampton last season, had most of the starters returning. Nearly the whole line are seniors who has a ton of experience, Hampton don't have a single senior lineman. Looks like Cloudland should be able to compete pretty well.  Must have just had one player last season, Dang what a stud to win 9 games by himself. Has he signed with the Patroits yet.

They didn’t destroy. They stopped playing in the 2nd half. I do think Hampton is a lot better this year. Jones is one heck of a QB. The next 2 years will be fun and he isn’t scared to come up and hit you. When you graduate a RB that had 4,000 yards in 2 years he is a stud. The the man reason you do win 9. You are doing him a disservice by not admitting that.

Edited by Appvol

Just now, Appvol said:

They didn’t destroy. They stopped playing in the 2nd half. I do think Hampton is a lot better this year. Jones is one heck of a QB. The next 2 years will be fun and he isn’t scared to come up and hit you. When you graduate a RB that had 4,000 yards in 2 years he is a stud. The the man reason you do win 9. You are doing him a disservice by not admitting that.

So know one blocked and he was just a natural runner. You graduate quality players every year. Its the job of coaches to  develop players to take their place. Noah was the cat and a heck of a runner, they developed Coffey to take up the slack.  None of these kids are natural  borne football players, those end up in the NFL. These are average kids who are taught to play football. Some people just know how to do the teaching.

4 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Had kids who did the same thing at Hampton before he took the Cloudland Job. He,s had runners for about 40 years. Can you  name a team he's coached that didn't have a really good back. This Hampton may be without a 1000 yrd back, but they'll have a lot of rushing yards, just more kids running by committee. 

10 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Answer the other feller, Cloudland have any talent or not. I'm telling you straight up, Cloudland has several who could start at Hampton.

Just now, Appvol said:

I think Coffey was a special RB for 1a ball. Arnett never got the carries until his senior year.A really good RB makes your line look better.

Fairly consistent over the years, I'd say rushing yards has been about the same over 40 years, some times  its 3 rushers  with the #s , but  I'm sure its always been about the same.  Think  when LJ was a senior, Hampton had about 6000 yards rushing, just split up .