Oak Ridge visits Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

This game would've been a lot of fun the anytime in the last 5 years.Of course the one really down yr in a while it would happen.I hope just half of the normal Oak Ridge crowd shows up but its really hard for the people who don't get off work before 5.Hard to justify missing work for a game that don't mean a lot.It would've been a lot of fun to see some of the past Oak Ridges playmakers go up against a really good D.Oak Ridge just don't have the offense this yr to beat a really good team.Plus our best player on defense has a huge cast on.I just hope Mt.J is more of a running team than a passing team.I love that our young players will get reps vs really good comp and it will only make them better for the future.RWR

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Hardcore feeble minded fans usually can’t let go of that though. It’s hard to accept a downfall.

Oak Ridge has been a top 5-10 team the last 5 yrs or so in 5a.Besides Catholic,Oak Ridge was the best team 2 yrs ago and as good or better than any 5a team last yr.Dont know what yall call a big boy but this 1 down yr is far from the norm.

10 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

This game would've been a lot of fun the anytime in the last 5 years.Of course the one really down yr in a while it would happen.I hope just half of the normal Oak Ridge crowd shows up but its really hard for the people who don't get off work before 5.Hard to justify missing work for a game that don't mean a lot.It would've been a lot of fun to see some of the past Oak Ridges playmakers go up against a really good D.Oak Ridge just don't have the offense this yr to beat a really good team.Plus our best player on defense has a huge cast on.I just hope Mt.J is more of a running team than a passing team.I love that our young players will get reps vs really good comp and it will only make them better for the future.RWR

We throw the ball around 10-15 times a game.

17 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Why are you throwing shade at the Wildcats?

Makes him feel tough I guess ... his team has a long ways to go to match the History of Oak Ridge ... and the other guy with the big mouth ... his team has never even sniffed a State Championship game ... but he talks tough on CoachT so I guess that makes it alright . I remember a school from that direction calling Oak Ridge a " Cupcake " a few years ago ... it didn't work out to good for them ... Go Wildcats !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Makes him feel tough I guess ... his team has a long ways to go to match the History of Oak Ridge ... and the other guy with the big mouth ... his team has never even sniffed a State Championship game ... but he talks tough on CoachT so I guess that makes it alright . I remember a school from that direction calling Oak Ridge a " Cupcake " a few years ago ... it didn't work out to good for them ... Go Wildcats !

Stay relevant with your thoughts there old man, coming on here with the stereotypical Maryville past tense/ pro East Tn talk isnt going to save the Wildcats from getting run through Friday night. I guess I’m tough because I’m stating a lot facts lately. Anyways I’m pretty sure Maryville has a thread on here this week, against some “power house” East Tn team you should probably hibernate in.

35 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Given that OR had a 30 year headstart, I'd hope so. All the respect in the world for OR, but it's been almost 30 years since they've won a title. In the playoff era ( which is the only part that counts imo) Oakland has just as many titles as OR

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

Thanks pepvol for having our back and the very best to Maryville the rest of the season. Win STATE!

They know their team ( Mt. Juliet ) is very good. They also see Oak Ridge at 4 - 3 and figure the Wildcats are ripe for the pickings. To be honest, everything I just said is true.

However, Oak Ridge will get on the bus to Mt. Juliet and do the best they can. It will be a hard game for Oak Ridge to win but that has never stopped the Cardinal and Gray before. The Wildcats are not cocky, they will give the Golden Bears their respect but then WILDCAT PRIDE that has been alive since the 1940's will take over and a lot of fun to watch football will take place.

Best and safe wishes to all the fans and players. RWR! You Have Got This!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Stay relevant with your thoughts there old man, coming on here with the stereotypical Maryville past tense/ pro East Tn talk isnt going to save the Wildcats from getting run through Friday night. I guess I’m tough because I’m stating a lot facts lately. Anyways I’m pretty surDaaae Maryville has a thread on here this week, against some “power house” East Tn team you should probably hibernate in.

Daaamn! Throwing shade at Maryville usually gets you a GOOD OLD EAST TENNESSEE BUTT WHIPPING! Better hope you don't make it to Cookeville because Rebel football ain't no joke. BYE JULIET.

9 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Daaamn! Throwing shade at Maryville usually gets you a GOOD OLD EAST TENNESSEE BUTT WHIPPING! Better hope you don't make it to Cookeville because Rebel football ain't no joke. BYE JULIET.

Once again this is a post about OR vs MJ. No need for pointless hypothetical talk that gets us nowhere. Me and Pepvol go way back when trolling was actually cool. Not so much anymore. I’ve been more present minded lately. Go Bears.

8 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Once again this is a post about OR vs MJ. No need for pointless hypothetical talk that gets us nowhere. Me and Pepvol go way back when trolling was actually cool. Not so much anymore. I’ve been more present minded lately. Go Bears.

Okay, thanks for the information. Enjoy playing the Wildcats Friday.

FYI, certain Maryville and Oak Ridge fans tend to post on each others treads and it is cool. IMHO, the two fan bases respect each other but love nothing more than to beat each other.

FYI 2, Oak Ridge has a Internet streamed Coaches Show on BBBTV12 Wed night at 7. If you miss it live, go to YouTube and search BBBTV12. 

8 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Okay, thanks for the information. Enjoy playing the Wildcats Friday.

FYI, certain Maryville and Oak Ridge fans tend to post on each others treads and it is cool. IMHO, the two fan bases respect each other but love nothing more than to beat each other.

FYI 2, Oak Ridge has a Internet streamed Coaches Show on BBBTV12 Wed night at 7. If you miss it live, go to YouTube and search BBBTV12. 

MJHS Bnn student network streams it live via YouTube.