HUNTINGDON @ PERRY CO

footballover

25 minutes ago, horse said:

It’s been that way the last few years. Then when Huntingdon gets in the playoffs Huntingdon is not prepared to play a hard hitting four quarter game. Their not physically or mentally prepared. 

I been watching it for years now and the men leading our team dont know how to respond to adversity. The boys go 10 weeks without any competition then Cornersville comes along and hits you in the mouth and shuts down your best player and they dont know how to respond. Let hope they've learned their lesson....

Perry Co. needs a better head coach. Just plain and simple the program is more than 6ft under and barely surviving. The coach has no sense of clock awareness and gets all his plays off madden can not say nothing more but the poor coaching going on in Perry county. Just firing the last head coach and putting in the offensive coordinator as the head coach is not the answer when the offensive plays were just plain easy to read. Something needs to be done in Perry County before the program is shut down for good.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, footballover said:

I been watching it for years now and the men leading our team dont know how to respond to adversity. The boys go 10 weeks without any competition then Cornersville comes along and hits you in the mouth and shuts down your best player and they dont know how to respond. Let hope they've learned their lesson....

Swenson has a good TEAM( with the emphasis on the word team) but what I have noticed is that he seems to lean on his best player more than he should. Take last year in the Cornersville game for example, the kid that scored the touchdown for Huntingdon only touched the ball maybe 3 times the entire game. The rest of the time he relied on Endsley and it cost him.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, footballover said:

The 03 Championship team was one of the best Huntingdon teams ever. I agree that I wish Huntingdon played the teams of years past. I will say there isnt much difference in 1A/2A these days where the road to Cookeville is actually easier in 2A on this side of the state. There are some really good teams standing in the way to a gold ball but this years team has a good a shot. Cant wait for the playoffs to start!

The semi final game with Milan in 03 was an amazing game. Shame someone had to lose that one. That ball game was the championship game. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:45 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The semi final game with Milan in 03 was an amazing game. Shame someone had to lose that one. That ball game was the championship game. 

One of the best games I’ve ever seen. The Championship was definitely decided that night. 

2 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Huntingdon needs to play their JV this entire game

JV boys would love that. Our senior class is so deep that most of our underclassmen have played very few meaningful snaps the last couple years. We graduate the house this season. Almost completely new team next year. I for one think we'll still be pretty tough.