Playoff predictions 2A region 1 vs region 2

Yeti

2 hours ago, crow said:

I put it out there already, you will not beat truly good / great teams without touchdowns. We have scored 7, 6 and 3 in our 3 losses you mentioned but were 1 score or closer middle of the 4th or later in all 3 as you also mentioned. It is completely unrealistic to expect any defense to secure a win with those numbers especially with the caliber of teams those 3 are. Just gotta find touchdowns. Wouldn't be such a mystery if it wasn't the same 11 on offense that play on defense. I mean physically they match up on one side but just can't get over the hump on the other. 

Our game went kinda like I thought it would. We pretty much have the same caliber of defense, we just edge you in offense. Your defense is probably one of the best in 2A I'd imagine at least top 5 at a guess. Offensively you just seemed to lack big play ability. In the end I think we just managed to tire your team enough to finally score a few. At least thats what I saw from.the visitors sideline. I'd imagine your other losses were about the type of games?

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Somebody shore nuff likes given them out up there.Oneida has played 3 teams that are more than likely Semi final teams and with just mins left in those games had opportunities to do something.Those teams have outstanding offenses and dang good defenses also.Oneida will be a very hard team to put out unless said team is battle tested and prepared to get smacked in the mouth!Oneidas O-line and D-line are better than any region 1 team their only issue is against top rated Ds they find it hard to score.So i am intrigued to see what region 1 has when they play a very good team.Hampton is the ONLY team i think could give any region 2 team a game.

Think 3 out of the 4 Region 1 teams will have a chance once the playoffs begin.  Just depends on seeding and Match ups.

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think 3 out of the 4 Region 1 teams will have a chance once the playoffs begin.  Just depends on seeding and Match ups.

Always a chance!They have to play the game and you never know.1st round top teams from each region should advance then it gets sticky.I think only 1 team has a legit shot at the quarters and thats Hampton but that too will be a hard hill with Oneida and or Possibly Meigs.

Edited by orngnblk

22 minutes ago, pujo said:

Big drop off of caliber after Meigs, and Oneida. Rockwood plays well in the playoffs, but are nowhere near years past. Your first and second Seed should win those games against Rockwood and Cumberland Gap.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Always a chance!They have to play the game and you never know.1st round top teams from each region should advance then it gets sticky.I think only 1 team has a legit shot at the quarters and thats Hampton but that too will be a hard hill with Oneida and or Possibly Meigs.

Agree , Meigs is the obvious favorite.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Our game went kinda like I thought it would. We pretty much have the same caliber of defense, we just edge you in offense. Your defense is probably one of the best in 2A I'd imagine at least top 5 at a guess. Offensively you just seemed to lack big play ability. In the end I think we just managed to tire your team enough to finally score a few. At least thats what I saw from.the visitors sideline. I'd imagine your other losses were about the type of games?

The long run to go up 16-3 let a lot of air out, that opened up the last one. A lot of drop off in intensity when we turned it over on downs after we went gunslinger our next possession after the 16-3 score. I would've liked to have upped the passing some but stay a little heavier on the run but I'm certainly no kind of coach, well given the chance I'm sure I would be some kind of coach, likely a terrible one lol. Overall like we all know, that kind of talent will get loose eventually. I can only remember 3 maybe 4 splash plays we gave up. Considering the talent we were facing I'd say we played a very good game. I'm never happy to lose and no moral victory here but I was very happy with the effort and intensity level. All anyone can do is give it all, can't do anything about how good the guy across from you is. Saw some good thing and at times we moved the ball some. No big numbers but we were hanging around late. If we hit an open pass or two it's really a ball game. That's the difference in good and great teams. Great teams capitalize more often than not on those opportunities. Taking the step from good to great is a big one though.