2A AP Poll Week 9

PHSRollTide

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I understand I bet somebody could figure out the enrollment numbers and make it work. 1a goes to almost 650 and 2a goes to almost 1050 in NC 

Yeah, it'd take some math for sure but the z plan sucked and it split 3 classes into 6 for playoffs. Had 1 and 2 win teams playing and sometimes hosting playoff games. Adding more classes would only make that worse. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Yeah, it'd take some math for sure but the z plan sucked and it split 3 classes into 6 for playoffs. Had 1 and 2 win teams playing and sometimes hosting playoff games. Adding more classes would only make that worse. 

That’s what NC had to figure out because of the split conferences . I went to high school in NC. My old school has 3 2a teams and 3 1a teams in the conference.This what they came up with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/high-school/article187297183.html

With 4 classes you'd have 74 schools in each classification.   That would be approximately 9 schools per region.  Regions would be too large in my opinion.  You'd never get around to playing anyone other than regional opponents throughout the regular season.  Gone would be the matchups like SP vs Meigs County.  Meigs vs Greenback.   SP vs Red Bank and on and on.

They only way around that would be to split your region into 2 sub groups and not play everyone in the region. Take the top 2 from each sub group. 

^ Gets kinda messy. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

With 4 classes you'd have 74 schools in each classification.   That would be approximately 9 schools per region.  Regions would be too large in my opinion.  You'd never get around to playing anyone other than regional opponents throughout the regular season.  Gone would be the matchups like SP vs Meigs County.  Meigs vs Greenback.   SP vs Red Bank and on and on.

They only way around that would be to split your region into 2 sub groups and not play everyone in the region. Take the top 2 from each sub group. 

^ Gets kinda messy. 

Just a question what is wrong with the way it is now?

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

^ Gets kinda messy. 

Yes but those games you mentioned have some regional connection geographically anyway. With 4 classes and bigger regions a lot of those might be region games. 

1 minute ago, GbMan said:

I understand but think if unaka has to play much larger schools they will end the program for those kids that want to play. At lest now they can play schools there size. 

But with less classifications you get more schools per class thus larger regions so better competition from the 4 seed and better teams playing round 1. T$$AA will never go for it though. It would hurt their pockets to much. Round 1 would go from 96 games to 64. Round 2 from 48 to 32 and so on. They'll never give up the cash.