Alcoa outscored all 6 region opponents 304-0

32hammer

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

No doubt!

Yea, Us GOONS knew Knoxville West was going to be very good this year in 5A.,after Alcoa scrimmaged them right before the season started. They are very good defensive team. IMO, the 5A Championship will go thru the rematch winner of Powell and West. In that earlier scrimmage Alcoa beat West 28-14 in two quarters. The second two quarters Alcoa and West played their JV and Freshmen. Alcoa dominated 28-0. Yes, it was only a scrimmage, but Alcoa was the better team. 

If West would have ran the ball more with Mattress (sp), their beast Runningback, I think they could have won that first overtime game against Powell? I see Powell or West in the Championship game. South-Doyle, Knoxville Central and Oak Ridge will not beat either Powell or West to advance in the playoffs.......

.....just my thoughts?

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

Absolutely agree. You could probably add about 3-4 more 3A teams to that list. :thumb:

I agree that Alcoa and PC against the best in 4a and 5a would win this year but I would want to know the other 3-4 teams in 3a you would pick?  Red Bank did have the win over Rhea Co but Rhea Co is not a top 10 5a team and plays in the worst 5a district in the state

11 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I agree that Alcoa and PC against the best in 4a and 5a would win this year but I would want to know the other 3-4 teams in 3a you would pick?  Red Bank did have the win over Rhea Co but Rhea Co is not a top 10 5a team and plays in the worst 5a district in the state

I would have no problem adding Red Bank, South Gibson, Covington and maybe Upperman to the list. Not guaranteeing that they would run the table in 4A or 5A, but they wouldn’t be guaranteed losses either, this year anyway....

26 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I would have no problem adding Red Bank, South Gibson, Covington and maybe Upperman to the list. Not guaranteeing that they would run the table in 4A or 5A, but they wouldn’t be guaranteed losses either, this year anyway....

We got some heavy hitters in out district to now.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I don't see any of those team being in the same league as Alcoa or PC and think the 4 teams you named have a lot of question marks still but don't think they would be a guaranteed loss either in 4a or 5a.  South Gibson has lost to 4a Haywoods already, Covington has lost to Milan who was just beaten again last night by a 5a team. Red Bank had close wins over EH (Could finish 3rd in their conference) and Ooltewah (Who isn't good this year), Upperman loss came to Livingston Academy who granted is 9-0 but hasn't played anyone this year looking at their schedule.  Outside of Alcoa and PC depth is a big issue with most 3a teams going against 4a and 5a teams.