Riverside at Waverly

@38320

1 hour ago, MannBlue said:

I hope you are right.  That run by the freshman QB was nice last night.  We going to lose a lot at graduation.  

We are going to lose a good line. But good coaching and technique on the line will out play a big lineman 90% of the time. With the high scoring we had since 2017 we would have been in a good spot this yr but the underclass men didn’t get any playing time in those two yrs. hardy any at all. You gotta play your future man! McConnell knew he wasn’t going to be there that’s why he didn’t. Brooks will be back next yr and I would play Ballard in other areas until that QB spot opened up. We got some really good young kids on the team. Now anybody that can remember I said before season even started that we would probably win half of our games and win one or two playoff games. It is what it is. Still proud of my Tigers. It’s just easier to say that and see the reality of it without a kid playing anymore. Riverside is a young team also. Panthers, Tigers, and the Lions will be back to their winning ways. Hickman leaves me scratching my head because they have always had talented kids when I was in school I don’t understand what their problem is these days. Anyways back to the game. I think Riverside is going to be a handful. This is going to be an awesome game. 

Edited by vandyfan1

1 hour ago, MannBlue said:

I hope you are right.  That run by the freshman QB was nice last night.  We going to lose a lot at graduation.  

May take a year or two for development. A lot of these younger Tigers haven’t got much coaching or game experience the last couple of years. Boldin is developing this program for the future. He cares about the young guys because he knows they are the future. This year was probably the first year in many that out JV played all their games... and they went undefeated. Yes there will be some ups and downs, but that’s football. If we could secure the Region Championship I think that is a huge success for Boldin in his first year. McConnell did not win the Region his first year, and neither Pullen or Graves have won the Region. That’s at least 15+ years of Waverly Football not winning the Region, and Waverly is one game away from doing that for the 5th year in a row. Regardless of what ppl think, Waverly is going to be just fine, and I believe we’re just getting started with a new era under Boldin. Trust the Process

Edited by Trollin

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

May take a year or two for development. A lot of these younger Tigers haven’t got much coaching or game experience the last couple of years. Boldin is developing this program for the future. He cares about the young guys because he knows they are the future. This year was probably the first year in many that out JV played all their games... and they went undefeated. Yes there will be some ups and downs, but that’s football. If we could secure the Region Championship I think that is a huge success for Boldin in his first year. McConnell did not win the Region his first year, and neither Pullen or Graves have won the Region. That’s at least 15+ years of Waverly Football not winning the Region, and Waverly is one game away from doing that for the 5th year in a row. Regardless of what ppl think, Waverly is going to be just fine, and I believe we’re just getting started with a new era under Boldin. Trust the Process

I'm glad to see that you guys are positive about your Tigers... believe it or not, I feel the same about our team. I said very early that if we could make the playoffs by finishing in the top four that I'd consider our season a success, and even though we didn't, barring all our injuries I think that we would have.

The Riverside/Waverly game is a head scratcher for me. One minute I'm leaning Waverly, the next Riverside. With good weather, I think the Panthers would have beaten Adamsville from the results in the mud. A'ville traditionally runs the ball right at you first, and if you can't stop it, you're done. Riverside's offense this year is more of the slashing, quick cutting style between the tackles, sweeps and intermediate passes... not what works well in the rain, but they basically played the 'Cards to a 0-0 tie anyway. Not going to pick a winner, but I will say that if the "good" Waverly doesn't take the field against the Panthers, they will be in for a long night.

10 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I'll b honest. Their run defense is good. Yeah have had problems getting off the field at times due to counters and such but will not gash them. Trader said on a previous thread how they were getting 4 yards at a time but that was pretty much the opening series and it was fixed. They had 73 Yards on 40 attempts. No disrespect trader just clarifying. What about your defense besides secondary 

LOL...none taken at all! Just saying that when #10 took the snap and ran up the gut, it was positive. We're so banged up that we can't sustain anything. One game left, so no "secrecy" anymore... QB (week one RB), two or three linemen, RB, and two receivers played with significant issues, and week one QB, one receiver, and our best DL didn't play at all. Our young kids have stepped up and played hard, but 5 foot nothing and 100 and nothing freshmen can't hang for four quarters. 

I think that the Panther's back will get his yards,  if Riverside's line can contain Waverly like they did against Adamsville, and the QB hit his targets like they did against us they'll be just fine,

40 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

LOL...none taken at all! Just saying that when #10 took the snap and ran up the gut, it was positive. We're so banged up that we can't sustain anything. One game left, so no "secrecy" anymore... QB (week one RB), two or three linemen, RB, and two receivers played with significant issues, and week one QB, one receiver, and our best DL didn't play at all. Our young kids have stepped up and played hard, but 5 foot nothing and 100 and nothing freshmen can't hang for four quarters. 

I think that the Panther's back will get his yards,  if Riverside's line can contain Waverly like they did against Adamsville, and the QB hit his targets like they did against us they'll be just fine,

I agree w all your assessments. Could go either way 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Trollin said:

And if Riverside wins and Houston Co wins, then Houston is 1st Riverside is 2nd and Waverly is 3rd?

I believe Waverly seals the deal and Houston too. 

Waverly 1

Houston 2

Riverside 3 

Hickman 4

If Riverside wins and Houston wins

Houston 1

Riverside 2

Waverly 3

Hickman 4

If Riverside wins and Houston loses I believe Houston still wins region for over all record?

On 10/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Trollin said:

And if Riverside wins and Houston Co wins, then Houston is 1st Riverside is 2nd and Waverly is 3rd?

I believe Waverly seals the deal and Houston too. 

Waverly 1

Houston 2

Riverside 3 

Hickman 4

If Riverside wins and Houston wins

Houston 1

Riverside 2

Waverly 3

Hickman 4

If Riverside wins and Houston loses I believe Houston still wins region for over all record?

If Riverside wins and Hickman wins. Hickman moves to 3rd because Hickman and Houston would both have two loses and Hickman having the tie break (head to head win).