Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

My boy is #13 for Summertown. This is his senior season. I’m a realist so won’t be no big headed trash talking coming from me. I haven’t kept up with Waverly so I’m not sure I have any thoughts on the game. All I can do is comment on our performance this season.

We played Lewis county on their field for their homecoming and beat them 21 to 14. They can make all the excuses they want, we showed up to play ball that night! We played Loretto the very next week and looked like we did not even know what a football was. One week later we met Forrest and gave them everything they wanted. We held them scoreless in the first half and ultimately lost that game 13 to 6. After forest we lost our next two to an evenly matched Eagleville team and a Lawrenceburg team that has struggled all season. I just hope the boys that played against Lewis County and Forrest are the ones that show up to play Waverly!!! Despite what anyone says, Summertown is a very good team win they are clicking. I have no explanation for their off weeks. 

Edited by Jpd73

44 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

Waverly better be ready. You don’t beat LC, and give Eagleville and Forrest all they want and not be good. Big turn around for them from last year. 

You better believe we will come to play. Unfortunately, we are kind of in the same boat as they are, it depends on which team shows up to play! I will say this though, we have been a bit more consistent the last few weeks, just in time for the real season!

55 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

You better believe we will come to play. Unfortunately, we are kind of in the same boat as they are, it depends on which team shows up to play! I will say this though, we have been a bit more consistent the last few weeks, just in time for the real season!

Contain the QB and game  over! He is the heart of that team!

Edited by vandyfan1

5 hours ago, Jpd73 said:

We played Lewis county on their field for their homecoming and beat them 21 to 14. They can make all the excuses they want, we showed up to play ball that night! We played Loretto the very next week and looked like we did not even know what a football was. One week later we met Forrest and gave them everything they wanted. We held them scoreless in the first half and ultimately lost that game 13 to 6. After forest we lost our next two to an evenly matched Eagleville team and a Lawrenceburg team that has struggled all season. I just hope the boys that played against Lewis County and Forrest are the ones that show up to play Waverly!!! Despite what anyone says, Summertown is a very good team win they are clicking. I have no explanation for their off weeks. 

I don’t think anybody was making excuses. Ddaddy is a very respectable dude and I think he let y’all get yalls fame for winning before he gave his insight on the game. No matter what y’all still beat them. If y’all come to waverly and put a whooping on us I will gladly congratulate you and wish you luck. I’m a realist myself my sons senior yr was on the 16 team. I feel we kinda let that Trezevant game slip through our fingers. I would like your insight on the waverly team weather we win or not compared to LC and Forrest. I seen Forrest play against Eville but in wasn’t live.