Dll-A playoffs....Neither 1 seed has big advantage

Eagle9019

11 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

My broadcast partner who I do TCA football and basketball games with, Dave McCulley, does a 2-hour Sports call-in show every Monday night on Fox Sports Jackson 105.3. I will usually do a high school segment for about 20 to 30 minutes each Monday night.. you should check it out sometime. It is on from 5 until 7 p.m. . You can listen online at http://www.foxsportsjackson.com  . 

I second the kudos on your local sports enthusiasm.  My son graduated from NCS 4 years ago and I just can't get Friday nights out of my blood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, Playerscoach said:

DA big over DCA. DCA went up 7-0 in the first then DA led 14-7 at the half. The 2nd half DA dominated. They were just too much for DCA. 

DA did what they have the past 6 games. That's when Griffin Swinea returned from having surgery on a broken humerus.  Since then he has been the workhorse at tailback averaging over 100 yards per game and making plays at safety. Expect him to lead DA to a very unexpected title.

3 minutes ago, MrBannon said:

I saw your prediction earlier and sort of thought it was way off.  Good year for FCS again.  

Well, what is a homer to do? And thanks, it was a good year considering what happened before it even started. The boys did good.  Going to be an interesting championship game now that NCS lost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, OxDaFox said:

DA did what they have the past 6 games. That's when Griffin Swinea returned from having surgery on a broken humerus.  Since then he has been the workhorse at tailback averaging over 100 yards per game and making plays at safety. Expect him to lead DA to a very unexpected title.

What did I tell y'all? DA RB Griffin Swinea carried his team. 285 yd rushing, 4TDs. MVP

Back 2 Back

3 minutes ago, OxDaFox said:

What did I tell y'all? DA RB Griffin Swinea carried his team. 285 yd rushing, 4TDs. MVP

Back 2 Back

I said the same result would happen if USJ did not match DA’s physicality for 4 qtrs.  Nonetheless, credit USJ!  One heck of a team and a great year.  They also overcame a number of injuries this year.  

48 minutes ago, OxDaFox said:

Back 2 Back

Great high school football player. DA's QB had a similar running style in a way as well. Neither guy are the fastest, but their size combined with their ability to shift and make little moves before contact makes them very difficult to bring down. DA was falling forward after the tackle all game.

• Like 1