Gallatin hosts Summit

Verb58

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Who is it then?  Stop with the junk posts and name them.  Nobody is illegal and to think just because Northeast (not Watson) was involved with an illegal player last year that it follows him is ridiculous!!  It’s just throwing shade because of Gallatin being 9-1.  There is nothing to it.  

I have no information on any of it. I’m not “throwing shade” and have already said I hope it’s not true. I have said for years, and will continue to say, that I hope all the teams in Sumner County field solid teams. I believe the better everyone is the more notoriety and respect Sumner County teams get as a whole; and thus individually. Beech and Hendersonville have been solid most years and it looks like Gallatin is getting back on track... now how do we work on the other ones? :bored:

7 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Gonna be a tough one this week! What a team to draw in the first round after finishing 9-1!

Just shows how much tougher of a road the teams in these two regions have to go than any other 5A regions. And to be honest, the other regions only have about 1 legitimate contender in each bracket.

Would be interested in a system that Ky is trying this season. Instead of playing a fixed region in the playoffs they are seeded using some computer formula,

12 minutes ago, abo14 said:

Would be interested in a system that Ky is trying this season. Instead of playing a fixed region in the playoffs they are seeded using some computer formula,

TN did something similar with the Z-Plan, which wouldn't be a bad idea if you eliminate overall wins to keep programs from padding their schedule

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

TN did something similar with the Z-Plan, which wouldn't be a bad idea if you eliminate overall wins to keep programs from padding their schedule

Ya, I havent done enough research to what factors into the formula used for the rankings.

27 minutes ago, abo14 said:

Ya, I havent done enough research to what factors into the formula used for the rankings.

Looks like they are using RPI so strength of schedule would play a big part.

RPI stands for “Ratings Percentage Index.” In short, it is a way to measure a team’s strength relative to other teams, based largely on the strength of their schedules. The RPI formula is used by both the NCAA and NAIA, along with many high school associations and among other organizations, as part of their postseason system. RPI is calculated from the team’s Winning Percentage (WP), the Opponent’s Winning Percentage (OWP) and the Opponents’ Opponents’ Winning Percentage (OOWP).

• Like 1

I liked the Z-plan until they tweaked it and used overall record as a tie breaker. I understand some teams got in with under 500 records but if you put a value on opponents, the overall record should never have come into play.  Some teams played in weaker districts and scheduled weaker opponents.  Some teams played in tougher districts and scheduled tougher opponents.  I always wanted to see teams who made the playoffs seeded 1-16 on each half of the state.  1 vs 16, 2/15, 3/14 and so on.  With the higher seeded team hosting each round. Reseed the bracket each round as well.  Not allow teams from the same district to play each other until the quarterfinals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eers said:

I have no information on any of it. I’m not “throwing shade” and have already said I hope it’s not true. I have said for years, and will continue to say, that I hope all the teams in Sumner County field solid teams. I believe the better everyone is the more notoriety and respect Sumner County teams get as a whole; and thus individually. Beech and Hendersonville have been solid most years and it looks like Gallatin is getting back on track... now how do we work on the other ones? :bored:

It wasn’t you throwing shade.  

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

I liked the Z-plan until they tweaked it and used overall record as a tie breaker. I understand some teams got in with under 500 records but if you put a value on opponents, the overall record should never have come into play.  Some teams played in weaker districts and scheduled weaker opponents.  Some teams played in tougher districts and scheduled tougher opponents.  I always wanted to see teams who made the playoffs seeded 1-16 on each half of the state.  1 vs 16, 2/15, 3/14 and so on.  With the higher seeded team hosting each round. Reseed the bracket each round as well.  Not allow teams from the same district to play each other until the quarterfinals.

I like this!!