Gallatin hosts Summit

Verb58

9 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

My thoughts exactly. round 2 and 3 in the current format will have the best teams from 1 region playing again. If they would separate them you have better games that are not repeats. However travel will be more expensive, but I think most of the teams would travel for a better game rather than play a local again. 

I think the take for TSSAA would be higher as well. Get an opponent from out of the same old same old...I know they want to minimize cost for the programs, but it would draw better crowds and create an excitement. If you remember when all 32 teams made it, alot of the games in early rounds stunk.. but you had some interesting games in week 2 and 3 anyway... 

1 hour ago, werazzlin said:

I wish they would set the brackets so a team from each region is in separate brackets. I mean the goal is to get the 2 best teams in the final. That cannot happen if the teams are knocking each other out. I know it is done this way to keep cost down on travel but, I feel we can have much better games if we had them spread out to separate the regions. 

I agree 100%! Been saying this for years! The TSSAA is so status quo and never forward thinking. They always just automatically stamp the previous playoff bracket formula each year or two without even giving it a thought. This would make the playoffs so much more fun and fair! If the best two teams are in the same region, they may not meet until the semifinals or finals. Plus, we always see the same teams and same matchups every single year...it is so annoying. The travel argument is silly! Look at some of the first round travel this year. Teams are going 2 and 3 hours all across the state. Tweaking this would not affect travel very much at all in the overall scheme of things. It's used as an excuse and a crutch to stay status quo. We are way behind the times in Tennessee. Look at how Alabama and Georgia do it. Way, way better!! Fun and fair. You get cross-sectional bigtime matchups and you maintain the integrity of a very strong region. Common sense, but we are obviously dealing with the TSSAA.

From the Tennessean:

Summit (8-2) at Gallatin (9-1)

7 p.m., Friday

Summit quarterback Destin Wade missed two games earlier in the season against Page and Franklin County due to an ankle injury. He's healthy now entering the Class 5A playoffs and has thrown for 1,018 yards and 13 touchdowns. However, Summit must slow down Gallatin's Spencer Briggs, who rushed for 1,506 yards with 15 total TDs in eight games.

Kreager's pick: Gallatin 35, Summit 21

6 minutes ago, Nextoneup said:

From the Tennessean:

Summit (8-2) at Gallatin (9-1)

7 p.m., Friday

Summit quarterback Destin Wade missed two games earlier in the season against Page and Franklin County due to an ankle injury. He's healthy now entering the Class 5A playoffs and has thrown for 1,018 yards and 13 touchdowns. However, Summit must slow down Gallatin's Spencer Briggs, who rushed for 1,506 yards with 15 total TDs in eight games.

Kreager's pick: Gallatin 35, Summit 21

That would be the most points anybody has put on Gallatin all year.  They have a good multiple back rushing attack to go along with those passing yards too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Favorite or not, you still have to outperform the other team.  Summit is a good team.  

Agreed. I watched the highlight film on Summit's RB/DE. He's a beast. 6'4" 215 pounds according to his Twitter profile. I think if Gallatin stops him running the ball and runs away from him when he's on D, Gallatin can get the win. 

https://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/keaten-wade/Ey7vmqZoEeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm