Lincoln Co.’s New Head Coach

bobcat93

55 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I largely agree. The opening of Fayetteville High totally changed the dynamic of HS football in that area. A similar thing has happened to Dickson County after Creek Wood opened, although the growth expected in that county could change things in the future. 

I’m sure Lincoln County can still have some good years here and there with the right nucleus of players, but yeah, anyone hoping to recapture past glory is chasing ghosts. 

I only say this because I get it. We pretty much are what Lincoln Co used to be, and I know how hard a 2nd high school would hit us, especially if it took away the talent feeding from our city middle school. I wish LC the best. 

Having one high school really does set you apart in a positive way @MSURacer

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The Falcons should try to hire David O'Conner is he is at all interested in the position.  He has had much success at Giles County over the years and would be a guy that the community and kids would rally around.  

I have been a supporter for a long time now at Lincoln County. David O'Connor is not as big of a name around Lincoln County as you think. He took the job several years back and then tucked tail and ran when Fayetteville opened up their high school against voters wishes. What has changed since the last time he took the job? He would definitely win...but would most likely get Lincoln County in trouble before he even won his first game! I could get behind O'Connor if he did it the right way.

Has he applied? Have interviews started? Time is ticking by and nobody in town knows anything.

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, BigGameHunter said:

my son said he overheard the coaches at school about one of the blackman assistants trying for this job, but he doesn't know which one.....has anyone else heard this or just a kid rumor?

That wouldn't be a surprise.  There are a couple of assistants on Blackman's staff with head coaching experience and one has been at Lincoln before.