Round 2 McKenzie @ Peabody

Goldenpride

12 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Peabody is too cocky and feels the Gold Ball is already theirs. They are ripe for an upset. Not saying it will happen but I won't be shellshocked if this one is close for a while. 

You may be right. I would use the term confident before cocky but I can see it both ways. That’s a fair statement. But Peabody has every right to be as the defending 2A champs & riding a 19 game winning streak dating back to last season. So there is a method to the madness if you will. But you are exactly right in your insinuation that Peabody may be too cocky & over looking opponents. Im sure there are people all over that would love to see Peabody lose much like people love to see Alabama or Ohio State or any of those great college teams lose. But that’s okay, we’ll keep grinding away & putting forth our best efforts each week & see what happens. I’d like to think that this Peabody team isn’t overlooking any opponent after their upset loss last year to GC & their upset loss to McKenzie two years ago that almost kept them out of the playoffs. The fans & supporters are talking a big game but I’ll remind you that the kids on that football team remember those losses & wont let it happen again like that. They may fall short but it won’t be because a lack of effort. 

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You may be right. I would use the term confident before cocky but I can see it both ways. That’s a fair statement. But Peabody has every right to be as the defending 2A champs & riding a 19 game winning streak dating back to last season. So there is a method to the madness if you will. But you are exactly right in your insinuation that Peabody may be too cocky & over looking opponents. Im sure there are people all over that would love to see Peabody lose much like people love to see Alabama or Ohio State or any of those great college teams lose. But that’s okay, we’ll keep grinding away & putting forth our best efforts each week & see what happens. I’d like to think that this Peabody team isn’t overlooking any opponent after their upset loss last year to GC & their upset loss to McKenzie two years ago that almost kept them out of the playoffs. The fans & supporters are talking a big game but I’ll remind you that the kids on that football team remember those losses & wont let it happen again like that. They may fall short but it won’t be because a lack of effort. 

i think there is legit criticism of their easy AH scheudle this year. @Salem has touched on this. 

I think any Trenton fans who really pay attention and understand what is going on absolutely aren’t taking for granted the opponents in the path.  Winning state championships is never a journey taken without resistance.  In a lot of ways I think if Trenton goes all the way this year, the opponents they will have to face are looking at least as hard if not harder than last season.  Peaking at the right time, getting over nagging injuries, and luck is involved too.  

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think there is legit criticism of their easy AH scheudle this year. @Salem has touched on this. 

I could get on board with that if they had struggled with some of the opponents on their schedule but that hasn’t been the case. They have beat every team handedly. So I don’t understand what you guys want us to do? We have said over & over again that nobody knew Milan would go 5-5 through the regular season, & that South Side who has been a tough 4A team in the last couple of years would be so down. Union City is usually a tough opponent but have been out manned against us the last two years. Same with Adamsville. But don’t get me wrong, I totally see what message you guys are trying to convey. I get that. But c’mon man, what else do you want us to do? We cannot help that what was supposed to be a pretty even kill schedule turned out to be a cake walk because a few teams didn’t meet preseason expectations. 

1 minute ago, Archiewho said:

I think any Trenton fans who really pay attention and understand what is going on absolutely aren’t taking for granted the opponents in the path.  Winning state championships is never a journey taken without resistance.  In a lot of ways I think if Trenton goes all the way this year, the opponents they will have to face are looking at least as hard if not harder than last season.  Peaking at the right time, getting over nagging injuries, and luck is involved too.  

Agreed