South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs is 5-0 against region 1 teams in the last three years, and they have out scored them 215 to 39 and none of the games have been even close, and IMO this Meigs team is even better than the last two, and Its just hard for me to think that any of them have improved that much. But I guess we will see.

We’ll the way I look at it and I am sure the SG coaching staff and the whole team is looking at it the same way. What an amazing opportunity for SG to play the best. It doesn’t get any better than this until the next round comes!  To be the best you gotta beat the best. This game kinda reminds me of the movie Facing the Giants.  You know I truly wish the best for both teams and most definitely a injury free game. I would love to see SG beat Méigs, and the cool thing about it, it is doable this year.  Either way this is probably the best SG team I have had an opportunity to see play in all my years of watching high school football.  Win or lose come Friday I am proud to see the progress this team has had the past two years and also representing the Greene County schools in the playoffs.  Méigs beating SG is what the majority is expecting so it wouldn’t be nothing new.  If SG does what most do not think they can do, then it would be an opportunity that was conquered.  Best of luck to both teams. Cookeville is just around the corner.

And btw what about them VOLS getting the goal line stand and the Victory!  GO VOLS!!!

Edited by Romansfive8

I've got Meigs Co. winning this one. South Greene is from my neck of the woods. I watched them defeat my high school alma mater in Sullivan North by a score of 22-0. I haven't see Meigs Co. play but have seen some highlights. South Greene certainly is a solid football team but I feel like Meigs Co. is in a different class than SG.

They play in a tougher Region 2 Class 2A conference than SG plays in Region 1 Class 2A. Meigs County is also more experienced at being where they at right now compared to SG. I just don't personally see this one being close either. I don't think it will be a complete & utter blowout but Meigs Co. wins this one comfortably. I will say Meigs Co. 38 South Greene 15.

Edited by tonybologna

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

We’ll the way I look at it and I am sure the SG coaching staff and the whole team is looking at it the same way. What an amazing opportunity for SG to play the best. It doesn’t get any better than this until the next round comes!  To be the best you gotta beat the best. This game kinda reminds me of the moving Facing the Giants.  You know I truly wish the best for both teams and most definitely a injury free game. I would love to see SG beat Méigs, and the cool thing about it, it is doable this year.  Either way this is probably the best SG team I have had an opportunity to see play in all my years of watching high school football.  Win or lose come Friday I am proud to see the progress this team has had the past two years and also representing the Greene County schools in the playoffs.  Méigs beating SG is what the majority is expecting so it wouldn’t be nothing new.  If SG does what most do not think they can do, then it would be an opportunity that was conquered.  Best of luck to both teams. Cookeville is just around the corner.

And btw what about them VOLS getting the goal line stand and the Victory!  GO VOLS!!!

Good write up, it's not that were over confident against region 1 teams, just lately we have came out on top on region 1 teams and were just used to doing it. What you said is true though, what a better way to prove your taking the next step than by beating the team that's been the dominant one our regions the last few years. I know our team is expecting everyone's best and this game will be no different in that aspect. Should be a dandy whether Swafford plays or not. I still feel we pull out the W though either way.

1 hour ago, tonybologna said:

I've got Meigs Co. winning this one. South Greene is from my neck of the woods. I watched them defeat my high school alma mater in Sullivan North by a score of 22-0. I haven't see Meigs Co. play but have seen some highlights. South Greene certainly is a solid football team but I feel like Meigs Co. is in a different class than SG.

They play in a tougher Region 2 Class 2A conference than SG plays in Region 1 Class 2A. Meigs County is also more experienced at being where they at right now compared to SG. I just don't personally see this one being close either. I don't think it will be a complete & utter blowout but Meigs Co. wins this one comfortably. I will say Meigs Co. 38 South Greene 15.

Pretty accurate post I'd imagine. Game may be a little closer if Swafford doesn't play, but it took some of the best teams out there to score 20 on us and I'm not sure South Greene is at that level despite their record.

I’m going to take a different approach. I ruffled some feathers last week so I’ll try to be positive. I don’t think it matters who we play. The only teams in the past 3 years that I felt deserved to beat us were Trousdale and South Pitt. If we play our game on offense and keep it open I don’t believe we will have any problem. However if we get gun shy and predictable we could be in trouble. 41 points in a half was foot on the pedal!  Defensively I still think we can even be more dominant. I do think Friday was the most physical I’ve seen Meigs be on Defense. #52, 46, 40 and big #60 did some damage. Also Swafford’s hit on the receiver was bone crushing. I just hope they play with that same attitude Friday. 

11 minutes ago, Turu said:

I’m going to take a different approach. I ruffled some feathers last week so I’ll try to be positive. I don’t think it matters who we play. The only teams in the past 3 years that I felt deserved to beat us were Trousdale and South Pitt. If we play our game on offense and keep it open I don’t believe we will have any problem. However if we get gun shy and predictable we could be in trouble. 41 points in a half was foot on the pedal!  Defensively I still think we can even be more dominant. I do think Friday was the most physical I’ve seen Meigs be on Defense. #52, 46, 40 and big #60 did some damage. Also Swafford’s hit on the receiver was bone crushing. I just hope they play with that same attitude Friday. 

It's almost like the entire team has taken satisfaction in physically demoralizing the opponent. If a ref could understand that an o-lineman that is driving someone 13 yards down the field can't see that the runner is on the ground behind him and that the play is over.  We are going to block until the whistle no matter who thinks it is unnecessary. With the way our backs have breaking tackles we have to keep the big guys working at stretching out plays. I agree that the defense is as physical as ever but the offense has stepped up their physicality also. 

In the words of the great John Dutton, "That wasn't a move, I'm just meaner than you".

Runner up. Spot on about offensive lineman. I wish these refs would watch a college game to see what lineman do. Instead they sit around holding each other and crying because someone was mean to them. I bet they call the I’m getting bullied by a kindergartner hotline. Love the John Dutton reference. Need more Beth Dutton And less Ellen. 

18 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

That wind normally blows for about 40 points vs Region 1's best.

10 minutes ago, Turu said:

Runner up. Spot on about offensive lineman. I wish these refs would watch a college game to see what lineman do. Instead they sit around holding each other and crying because someone was mean to them. I bet they call the I’m getting bullied by a kindergartner hotline. Love the John Dutton reference. Need more Beth Dutton And less Ellen. 

@RunnerUp

@Turu

Sent yall a funny video