Round 3: Blackman (8-4) at Oakland (12-0)

MidTennFootball

5 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

So will say this and a perfect example of more talent. Master Teagues senior year Blackman absolutely had more  talent .. Knox, Murphy, Otey, Brown Burks(kicker) a tom of talent on the line,,, by far one of the most talented teams as player go,,,,I agree you gotta be a dog, but the end of the day Coaching matters, more than anyone is admitting,  

Absolutely Coaching matters..... I think it's been established that Oakland is a better coached team.

The discussion was about THIS YEAR's blackman team having "more talent than oakland" - it just ain't so.

Blackman has talent no doubt - but in a fist fight - I'm taking Oakland everyday of the week and Twice on Fridays.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 422PT said:

So the record at Blackman (and the 40-0 loss to Oakland in October) - the Coaching staff? Since Blackman is more talented? Has to be  coaching right????

No reason to worry? - So the  coaching issue has somehow miraculously healed itself?

Your statement is ridiculous.

Players play games. ALL Coaches do their best to give their kids a chance to be successful. Based on historical facts, you cannot say Blackman is more talented than Oakland. 

Now I will say Oakland is a better coached team in my opinion BUT ultimately it boils down to players wanting to, and making plays when it matters (and you can't teach or coach a cat to be a dog - dogs are BORN dogs)

Oakland has more DOGS

Oakland wins this one - Blackman keeps it within 3 TD's.

OK, if we are going to talk about Oakland 'dogs' I got a serious question.  Does the Oakland concession stand still sell the big grilled sausage type hotdogs?

That is the determining factor for me to get out in the cold this week!

17 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Absolutely Coaching matters..... I think it's been established that Oakland is a better coached team.

The discussion was about THIS YEAR's blackman team having "more talent than oakland" - it just ain't so.

Blackman has talent no doubt - but in a fist fight - I'm taking Oakland everyday of the week and Twice on Fridays.....

Talent is there at Blackman.  As I said before I don't think they are as talented as in years past .  It takes Dogs to win the game and coaching.  You have to go back to Jennings, Davidson and crew to find the last time they had DAWGS ... Hungry dogs find a way to eat Talented Dogs win talent shows.... My only concern this year/ point  for the last few weeks, is that Oakland, has not played with the intensity that they did the first half of the season. Mt Juliet is a good team, but WC, Cookeville should not have been close in the first half and it was.  If Blackman can keep some confidence and not go in playing scared I believe it cold be a good game and maybe an upset. If not Oakland eats and moves on. Even if the teams were dead even on talent level Coaching make a difference. Look at Maryville.... Not over loaded with talent , good players no doubt , but coached up and disciplined to play with physicality and with technique , They are so fundamentally strong they take away the "great play makers " by playing great 

4 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Talent is there at Blackman.  As I said before I don't think they are as talented as in years past .  It takes Dogs to win the game and coaching.  You have to go back to Jennings, Davidson and crew to find the last time they had DAWGS ... Hungry dogs find a way to eat Talented Dogs win talent shows.... My only concern this year/ point  for the last few weeks, is that Oakland, has not played with the intensity that they did the first half of the season. Mt Juliet is a good team, but WC, Cookeville should not have been close in the first half and it was.  If Blackman can keep some confidence and not go in playing scared I believe it cold be a good game and maybe an upset. If not Oakland eats and moves on. Even if the teams were dead even on talent level Coaching make a difference. Look at Maryville.... Not over loaded with talent , good players no doubt , but coached up and disciplined to play with physicality and with technique , They are so fundamentally strong they take away the "great play makers " by playing great 

I never said you have to be talented to be a dog.... Maryville - also lots of dogs.

Blackman has mostly show ponies. - look at the guys clapping and flexing (on plays they as individuals did not make and were not physical) - it's ridiculous and laughable (won't name names or numbers as they know who they are)

Murphy excluded - he is real. - But then again, have never seen him behave like his teammates after he makes a play - and he actually makes the play (unlike his clapping and flexing teammates)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 422PT said:

I never said you have to be talented to be a dog.... Maryville - also lots of dogs.

Blackman has mostly show ponies. - look at the guys clapping and flexing (on plays they as individuals did not make and were not physical) - it's ridiculous and laughable (won't name names or numbers as they know who they are)

Murphy excluded - he is real. - But then again, have never seen him behave like his teammates after he makes a play - and he actually makes the play (unlike his clapping and flexing teammates)

No Murphy is a baller... I know who you mean though... I had a conversation with a strength  coach and trainer here in town and conversation was the same... Hunger is what is missing. Kids used to knock your  bizzzness in the dirt play after play and they showed up wanting to win... football is all they had... not saying they are soft, but for many the all get a trophy and capri sun has ruined some 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

My favorite topic! Ability or Dependability?  Dogs are great to have, but only if they are playing within the scheme.  You can have the best scheme on paper, but it you don't have the athletes you can't pull it off.  At the end of the day football has been, and will be, which 11 play the best as a team.  I have admired Maryville for years.  They have not always had the best athletes but played the best as a team.  I'd take a group of 11 disciplined football players doing what they are coached to do over dogs any day.  Ability or Dependability? I agree with Bill Belichick.  Dependability!

And a little trickery doesn't hurt anything either.   Go Patriots!

• Like 1

Blackman has some players for certain.  The Murphy kid is exceptional.  That being said, I think Oakland will have an easier time than they did with Mount Juliet.  What Mount Juliet may have lacked in overall talent they made up for in great coaching.  Blackman simply  does not have that elite level of coaching that it takes to win week after week and year after year like Oakland, Maryville, Whitehaven, Alcoa and some of the other better teams in the state.  

Sorry Blackman, your playoff run ends Friday.

• Upvote 1