District 1 A

Htowndawgs

13 hours ago, jjm70 said:

Got beat 69-29 according to there schedule on coach t.

Yes that is correct. Was one of those games where you are ice cold from the floor and the other team has posts hitting 3’s in transition. NG had all kinds of good looks just couldn’t knock them down. SG was way more physical on the boards and overall. Probably the worst a NG has looked in recent years. 

33 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Yes that is correct. Was one of those games where you are ice cold from the floor and the other team has posts hitting 3’s in transition. NG had all kinds of good looks just couldn’t knock them down. SG was way more physical on the boards and overall. Probably the worst a NG has looked in recent years. 

Not a good look start of tournament time.

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I'd say!!! But 40 is mind blowing 

On 2/17/2020 at 2:07 PM, uknoit2 said:

I'd say!!! But 40 is mind blowing 

whos gonna be your top 4 that goes to the region tourny up there uknoit?

We're gonna have IMO

1-Cosby

2-Jellico

3-Hancock

4-Washburn

That is definitely our 4 region teams, I think 2 and 3 could change but i think 1 and 4 are pretty solid. We start those 4 playing Friday.

We (Cosby) are pretty good and I believe if we stay healthy and play like we normally do we have a shot to go deep again.

Jellico has one stud who can drop 30 on anybody and could put 50 up on a good night, not close to the team we are though.

Hancock plays hard and is coached well and can be sneaky good. Ive seen them play us pretty tight for the whole game at Hancock and played us tough for a half down here.

Washburn isnt awful but they are very beatable by almost anyone in district 1.

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

We're gonna have IMO

1-Cosby

2-Jellico

3-Hancock

4-Washburn

That is definitely our 4 region teams, I think 2 and 3 could change but i think 1 and 4 are pretty solid. We start those 4 playing Friday.

We (Cosby) are pretty good and I believe if we stay healthy and play like we normally do we have a shot to go deep again.

Jellico has one stud who can drop 30 on anybody and could put 50 up on a good night, not close to the team we are though.

Hancock plays hard and is coached well and can be sneaky good. Ive seen them play us pretty tight for the whole game at Hancock and played us tough for a half down here.

Would be almost impossible to rank them 1-4. This year Unaka as a 6th seed could make a run and beat anyone in the conference. Each team is so close and with elimination games starting and the season of gimmick defenses and holding the ball, it is hard telling who finishes where. All that is for certain now is that Hampton and North Greene will automatically make it to region for finishing 1 & 2 in the season. Sullivan North and Cloudland can be a toss up, North poses a lot of match up problems with their size. Cloudland is a typical Cloudland team, good enough to beat you on any given night. UH has two guys that make them go, if you can control them then they are not that good, but if they get going it will be a long night for the opposing team.  Hampton and NG are both solid with pretty even play. This should be one of the better district tournaments in recent memory. I have seen Cosby and Jellico both play and agree Cosby is much better with 3 guards that are tough. Jellico seemed content with pushing tempo and jacking shots and did not look interested in playing much defense. Looking forward to seeing which teams make it through this gauntlet. 

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

We're gonna have IMO

1-Cosby

2-Jellico

3-Hancock

4-Washburn

I’m gonna be a homer and say Unaka eliminates UH. Will is gonna be coming off a game where the only way to guard him was to foul him. Cloudland beats SN. After that I think Hampton wins district beating NG putting them 1 and 2. Unaka and Cloudland have played close and it’s hard to beat a team three times so homer pick again I’ll take Unaka 3 and Cloudland 4.   

3 hours ago, old24eagle said:

We're gonna have IMO

1-Cosby

2-Jellico

3-Hancock

4-Washburn

Hey oldeagle, as you've read above, it's hard to say...Hampton, NG, UH and Cland (Unaka could well fill the 3 spot).

You just tell those boys the days of giving Hampton fits is over LOL! 

21 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Hey oldeagle, as you've read above, it's hard to say...Hampton, NG, UH and Cland (Unaka could well fill the 3 spot).

You just tell those boys the days of giving Hampton fits is over LOL! 

We are really athletic , play good defense, and most nights we shoot it pretty well. If we stay out of foul trouble we are hard to handle. We need to take care of business and get as many home post season games as we can. We are really hard to beat here. District 1 scares me if we have to go up there for a region game (shouldn't happen). We ran Unaka off the floor here and they took us to the wire up there and they may be your 6th best team or they may win your tourny lol..

On 2/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, old24eagle said:

We are really athletic , play good defense, and most nights we shoot it pretty well. If we stay out of foul trouble we are hard to handle. We need to take care of business and get as many home post season games as we can. We are really hard to beat here. District 1 scares me if we have to go up there for a region game (shouldn't happen). We ran Unaka off the floor here and they took us to the wire up there and they may be your 6th best team or they may win your tourny lol..

No I wouldn't think you'd have to make the trip up here.

Cloudland took care of Sull North tonight and Univ High is up 10 on Unaka

On 2/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, old24eagle said:

We got by Cland....saw some Eagles scouting here tonight. They didn't learn a single thing in that game Lol.

I hate when we get in the 3 out and try to hold the ball...80% of the time, if not more, it's a turnover!! Geeeez  

Edited by uknoit2