District 1 A

Htowndawgs

3 minutes ago, Dawgfan88 said:

Also this has been the most even I've seen this district, possibly ever. The tight game with Cloudland didn't surprise me, as they always play us tough, no matter what. District 2 really should look for tough games all around, because none are push overs.

I will agree with that also; Not sure if that bodes well for any us from this point forward tho...Will have to see what the talent and hustle level is down the road. Heck, UH and Hampton may be two of the better teams in the state and we just don't realize it...'bout to find out.

4 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I will agree with that also; Not sure if that bodes well for any us from this point forward tho...Will have to see what the talent and hustle level is down the road. Heck, UH and Hampton may be two of the better teams in the state and we just don't realize it...'bout to find out.

I think they’re just good for the area. From what I’ve seen the last few years the basketball East of Knoxville is average at best, in all three classes. From what I saw at Murfreesboro last year no triple A school up here would be able to stay on the floor with the prime single A schools in the middle and western part of the state. 

16 hours ago, gcpioneer94 said:

I think they’re just good for the area. From what I’ve seen the last few years the basketball East of Knoxville is average at best, in all three classes. From what I saw at Murfreesboro last year no triple A school up here would be able to stay on the floor with the prime single A schools in the middle and western part of the state. 

You're dead on.

The '13, '14, and 15' Hampton teams went to state and we played Memphis Mitchell in the final four, twice....Those MM teams would wipe any team I've seen play down there the last few years and those Hampton teams would likely have a Gold ball or two had they faced the caliber teams we're seeing now. 

Edited by uknoit2

6 hours ago, old24eagle said:

District 1 guys, lets make some Region predictions for this weekend..

I'll Start

Coudland @ Cosby - Cosby by 15

N.G. @ Jellico - Jellico by 4

Washburn @ UH - UH by 35

Hancock @ Hampton - Hampton by 10

Coudland @ Cosby - Cosby by 15

N.G. @ Jellico - NG by 4

Washburn @ UH - UH by 25

Hancock @ Hampton - Hampton by 25 if heads are on right; By 1 if we play like we do at times 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Cland must've wanted it to be over or old eagle told them boys about my ric flair posts all them years ago :lol:

I don’t mean this in a bad way or disrespectful at all but we are just a lot better than Cloudland. Cloudland played their absolute guts out in the first quarter to keep it close as long as they could but they never had an answer for our offense and we held  them to 21 points the rest of the game after the first quarter.

I told y’all Jellico wasn’t bad. They have a couple shooters and one STUD! 

Edited by old24eagle

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

I heard Conner got hurt in the Cland game 

I didn’t notice anyone getting hurt but it was very physical in the first quarter and the officials would have to improve to have been bad to say the least.

I bet #5 for Cloudland is a heck of a football player. He’s ROUGH!