South Pittsburg vs Greenback (Grider against this Ryan man)

Roy Dillard

12 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Oh wow! Did it happen before the half ended? Not having the one kid at WR will handicap them offensively I’m sure. Still surprised it’s not a higher scoring game. I’m just keeping it real

You act surprised, but you discussed this on here a week ago and said it would make the SP rushing attack more explosive.

Not real enough...

I don’t have a problem at all with calls - several calls helped both teams. Without a doubt both teams met their match and left it in the field. That one point loss hurt but we’ll get over it. It was nice meeting the Greenback T boys last night - not a bad apple in the bunch. Good luck in Cookeville. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, OldKee said:

You act surprised, but you discussed this on here a week ago and said it would make the SP rushing attack more explosive.

Not real enough...

Thought I read he was gonna play gramps. SP people seemed to indicate he wasn’t that hurt. I wasn’t there but should’ve been. I imagine he did make their rushing game better sounds like in the end they could’ve used him at WR. Sounds like Carnes was the difference last night. I been saying all year he was the difference for them. You don’t start at Maryville for nothing. Would Greenback had won without their QB last night? That’s the point I made in the past that SP had better overall team. Just a lot more players. Sounds like y’all got it done though when it counted. I’m just just keeping it real . 

25 minutes ago, D60 said:

I don’t have a problem at all with calls - several calls helped both teams. Without a doubt both teams met their match and left it in the field. That one point loss hurt but we’ll get over it. It was nice meeting the Greenback T boys last night - not a bad apple in the bunch. Good luck in Cookeville. 

D60 i just watched some footage of the last few plays and in all honesty NO ONE should say or post one negative comment on these threads.PRAISE is all that needs to be.To see each team go thru the emotions of thinking it was almost over is truly heart breaking!This is the most emotional game i have ever watched.I ask all of you to watch if you can and see HOW bad each kid wanted this game.My hat is off to your kids effort and our own.If there was a better game in the state of Tenn send me the film!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Thought I read he was gonna play gramps. SP people seemed to indicate he wasn’t that hurt. I wasn’t there but should’ve been. I imagine he did make their rushing game better sounds like in the end they could’ve used him at WR. Sounds like Carnes was the difference last night. I been saying all year he was the difference for them. You don’t start at Maryville for nothing. Would Greenback had won without their QB last night? That’s the point I made in the past that SP had better overall team. Just a lot more players. Sounds like y’all got it done though when it counted. I’m just just keeping it real . 

My friend the Defense won this game just as much,SP was 1-4 on short 4th downs.We were able to run for what i felt was needed close to 100 yards.My credit goes to the big nasties up front for doing their job.And brother i am just keeping it real.SP had no advantage as we Didnt.It was a slobberknocker.

8 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Without that QB Greenback looses Big-time!! He is the real deal as is the Wide receiver.  When we got pressure on Him we backed them up. Our biggest negative on our entire year again bit us in the arse! Extra Points. We probably have a 60% and that is horrible. If you have a Weakness it haunts you in Big Games as it did last night. South Pittsburgs down fault for years is facing a great Team that can Pass. Our Defense is Brutal on a running Team. We had our chances some have posted Stats on here and ive seen Stats from other Newspapers have it even closer. Thier QB sealed the deal. Give that Guy time and he will hurt you..

17 minutes ago, Geno said:

Without that QB Greenback looses Big-time!! He is the real deal as is the Wide receiver.  When we got pressure on Him we backed them up. Our biggest negative on our entire year again bit us in the arse! Extra Points. We probably have a 60% and that is horrible. If you have a Weakness it haunts you in Big Games as it did last night. South Pittsburgs down fault for years is facing a great Team that can Pass. Our Defense is Brutal on a running Team. We had our chances some have posted Stats on here and ive seen Stats from other Newspapers have it even closer. Thier QB sealed the deal. Give that Guy time and he will hurt you..

Gotta have guys on the other end to, not a 1 man show. Stinnett and Willis had huge games. Bailey and Bubba played well on defense. To many SP players to remember played lights out, sorry I can't remember their names but last night was the only game I got to listen to so not familiar with the names. This just sounds like one of "those" games that'll be talked about for years. I'm sure it's a tough loss to take but from an outsider to both programs didn't sound like either team left anything out there. Just a heck of a game. Like someone posted, extra points were the difference. GB had a slight, and I mean very slight advantage there last night. Sometimes when great teams meet it comes down to that. For what it's worth I listened to every minute and the GB crew will tell you I'm not a fan of their radio guys lol.