Huntingdon Mustangs Vs Lake Co. Falcons

horse

4 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

When he throws the deep ball, he just slings it. It’s the baseball arm coming out in him. If LC makes the tackle on first contact, Ensley shouldn’t be a problem. In Huntland’s case, they couldn’t tackle a tackling dummy sitting still. Stop their run, you win. Make them pass. 

If the Huntland game is your measuring stick you are sadly mistaken. The whole state will see Friday night what the Stangs are all about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC starting defense has played 4 quarters against UC,Crockett County, 3 quarters against Westview and Ripley. LC starters did not play more than 2 and half quarters against anyone in the region or playoffs so far.

That's pretty much what I said, earlier.  Glad to see someone else quote the facts!

2 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

You got it all figured out.

I don't think he's tryin to be a know it all, or cocky. He's kind of stating what has become common knowledge about the Mustangs in the playoffs. Most of the teams they play don't have the horses to do anything about it, no matter the game plan. When H' town plays some athletes who implement that strategy, the have shown that they restrict their playbook rather than expand it. Mustangs threw more during the regular season than they usually have last season, only to become one dimensional when they lost to Cornersville. Will have to see if it bites them against LC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I don't think he's tryin to be a know it all, or cocky. He's kind of stating what has become common knowledge about the Mustangs in the playoffs. Most of the teams they play don't have the horses to do anything about it, no matter the game plan. When H' town plays some athletes who implement that strategy, the have shown that they restrict their playbook rather than expand it. Mustangs threw more during the regular season than they usually have last season, only to become one dimensional when they lost to Cornersville. Will have to see if it bites them against LC.

I don’t disagree with that. I can just as easily say that if we stop Lake County run game we will win. I’m still a big believer in throw for flash run for cash. 

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I don’t disagree with that. I can just as easily say that if we stop Lake County run game we will win. I’m still a big believer in throw for flash run for cash. 

I'm old school too. If you can run and play defense, you'll win most of 'em. Sometimes passing makes the running possible... I'm not saying pass to set up the run, just kep the defense from crashing the line in the box and the safeties on their heels instead of their toes.

Edited by tradertwo

27 minutes ago, footballover said:

If the Huntland game is your measuring stick you are sadly mistaken. The whole state will see Friday night what the Stangs are all about

I mean on film he does the same thing. I’m just stating what I see from his highlights and Huntland game. On the deep ball, he slings it. Short passes, he aims it. So you’re saying if LC stops your run, you’ll be able to pass and still win? Just a question. I have no dog in the fight. Just discussing and stating what I’ve seen. 

4 hours ago, Fan55 said:

Yep, most of that yardage and points was by mercy.  Coach puckett having mercy and pulling the starters out.  In fact, the starting defense didnt play more than the first two quarters, all season.

Hmmm....

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC starting defense has played 4 quarters against UC,Crockett County, 3 quarters against Westview and Ripley.

Oh, that makes more sense. 

29 minutes ago, Fan55 said:

That's pretty much what I said, earlier.  Glad to see someone else quote the facts!

Wut?

Dude, get out of here with that mess.. you're a joke. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I mean on film he does the same thing. I’m just stating what I see from his highlights and Huntland game. On the deep ball, he slings it. Short passes, he aims it. So you’re saying if LC stops your run, you’ll be able to pass and still win? Just a question. I have no dog in the fight. Just discussing and stating what I’ve seen. 

No, if LC absolutely shuts down the run, we lose. Plain and simple. BUT... I believe Ensley can do enough damage with his arm to keep teams half way honest, which makes selling out on the run impossible. He has the arm to throw it over the safeties heads if he sees them creeping down into the box. He's done it all year, which is why we're still undefeated to this point. 

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Far from it brother. Just stating my opinion. We all have them and one is no better than the other. I would comment more on LC but I haven’t seen them in person. 

:rolleyes: I was just talking about the stop the run part of your statement. Obviously whichever team can stop the other teams run is going to be in good shape. How bout them Vols tonight?

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

:rolleyes: I was just talking about the stop the run part of your statement. Obviously whichever team can stop the other teams run is going to be in good shape. How bout them Vols tonight?

I’d say having 3 receivers with 100+ yards receiving sounds like they did pretty good. Never thought they’d be able to get to this point with Guarantano.