Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

Cam615

24 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

What about offensively? I know you guys struggled against Peabody because of injuries that you had to deal with but is there improvement in this years offense vs last years?

Well our QB has been out since week 7. This year offense isn't as explosive as last year and more a power run game with #6 the QB being out. But hopefully, the field conditions will be better so that he can play this week. But with #2 Ford being on the team this year it adds a back with size and speed. If #6 plays TC has that different type of speed that's a game changer. 

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We only throw really when we need too. Last year we needed to throw in this game to spread their defense out some. I'd say this year wont be much different.

I'd be leery throwing around Mr. Pickett. His uncle Carl taught him some hands. He showed off the family genes Friday in high balling an INT to seal the victory over the Purple Tigers as well. 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Gotta make the plays when they are there to beat a team like TC. That’s the difference in winning or losing. The windows or opportunity shut fast in games like this. I came down to the SP game. Y’all had chances but couldn’t make plays down the field when opportunity was there. Thought y’alls line play got worn down too late in that game. Not sure if TC is as deep as SP on line but I guarantee you they will get after them every bit as much as cornbread did. I’m just keeping it real 

If Meigs line gets worn down they will have a problem against TC front 7. Watertown line wore down on both side of the line tackling #5 and 2 for 4 quarters will wear any defense down.

6 minutes ago, RTD said:

Well our QB has been out since week 7. This year offense isn't as explosive as last year and more a power run game with #6 the QB being out. But hopefully, the field conditions will be better so that he can play this week. But with #2 Ford being on the team this year it adds a back with size and speed. If #6 plays TC has that different type of speed that's a game changer. 

I hate that Peabody wasn't able to play Forrest and put a beat down on them for you RTD :roflol:but I know you're happy that General is sitting at home now on Friday night 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I hate that Peabody wasn't able to play Forrest and put a beat down on them for you RTD :roflol:but I know you're happy that General is sitting at home now on Friday night 

Most definitely I just wish Peabody can't Forrest home. What happens with you'll game last week I didn't think it would be that close of a game.

4 minutes ago, RTD said:

Most definitely I just wish Peabody can't Forrest home. What happens with you'll game last week I didn't think it would be that close of a game.

I will attest for Fairley on here, they were the real deal. They were as advertised. Of course we knew that coming into the game but Peabody did not play their best. We turned the ball over a couple of times and also got away from some of the play calling that was working for us that lead to some stalled drives. The Tide was able to fight and claw their way to a victory though, so in the end, that is all that matters. No disrespect to TC, Meigs, or Riverside, but Peabody will not play a team again this season that has the overall talent like Fairley did. We were able to edge them out because of our heart and willingness to keep fighting and also because of a big dose of idiotic coaching on Fairley's part. Their coaching put them in the position to lose that ball game. Hopefully Peabody can put together a finely tuned game this Friday and get an opportunity to play against either TC or Meigs. Undoubtedly the two best teams in the East that are left.  

Bad coaching decaio

21 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will attest for Fairley on here, they were the real deal. They were as advertised. Of course we knew that coming into the game but Peabody did not play their best. We turned the ball over a couple of times and also got away from some of the play calling that was working for us that lead to some stalled drives. The Tide was able to fight and claw their way to a victory though, so in the end, that is all that matters. No disrespect to TC, Meigs, or Riverside, but Peabody will not play a team again this season that has the overall talent like Fairley did. We were able to edge them out because of our heart and willingness to keep fighting and also because of a big dose of idiotic coaching on Fairley's part. Their coaching put them in the position to lose that ball game. Hopefully Peabody can put together a finely tuned game this Friday and get an opportunity to play against either TC or Meigs. Undoubtedly the two best teams in the East that are left.  

Bad coaching decisions will have you at home getting ready for Basketball season. Did Fairley fumble the ball on a kneel down?

49 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I'd be leery throwing around Mr. Pickett. His uncle Carl taught him some hands. He showed off the family genes Friday in high balling an INT to seal the victory over the Purple Tigers as well. 

I'm sure y'all good as advertised, but I assure you so are we fortunately. We will make plays. We have too many good athletes not too.

Hey guys! New to the board! Old Hartsvillian and Yellow Jacket from decades ago! Been out of state for almost as long! HAHAHA. Heard from some distant family that the jackets were doing well this year and was steered to this site to try and keep up more. Reckon I’d give it a look and haven’t been disappointed! Great football talk and little bit of humor!! How good is this Meigs county squad? No doubt pretty solid!!!! How close was the game last year?!?!

“I will hang up and listen!!” Sorry I couldn’t resist!!! HAHAHA

7 minutes ago, RTD said:

Bad coaching decisions will have you at home getting ready for Basketball season. Did Fairley fumble the ball on a kneel down?

We had a kid time the snap perfectly and disrupted the exchange from under center. He was able to kind of knock the ball back to our side on defense and we recovered it. The rest is history. Very fortunate to have that happen but also glad to see the fight that Peabody showed

26 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

We had a kid time the snap perfectly and disrupted the exchange from under center. He was able to kind of knock the ball back to our side on defense and we recovered it. The rest is history. Very fortunate to have that happen but also glad to see the fight that Peabody showed

Sounds like Peabody player made a great play.