Loudon vs Alcoa semifinals

RedskinTheLast1

9 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Y'all don't need to come back to Alcoa until you're serious about competing.  I say that to your coaches, not the players.  They are horrible playcallers.  I realize your team was outmatched from the first play, but that playcalling was so predictable and vanilla.  No excuses.  I know Jeff Harig is a better coach than that.  He should have also put a muzzle on all the social media chatter his team was putting out there because it hurt them big time tonight.  13-1 is nothing to be ashamed of, but I feel like the moment was too big for the coaches.  It doesn't help when you don't schedule quality competition during the year.  Alcoa plays above their classification year in and year out non-district.  Loudon plays down 2 classifications to start the year and doesn't do much more until the playoffs. 

They played one team going to the State!Just rubbin ya!See you all for the last game of the year!

I don't know how Rankin can enjoy beating every team they play by as much as they do. Games are over at halftime. Only game that was competitive was Maryville. Size of school is irrelevant, should step up and play with big boys. Rankin is just like his nemesis, Carlton Flatt at BA, playing where they are going to win it all. Kinda puts a damper on all the wins. Can't be fun having a running clock in state championship playoffs.

Edited by hardtackle
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, harley04 said:

It would have been alot more fun for everyone if it was alcoa that central was playing last night just saying:mrgreen:

Loudon would have been a great matchup for teams in our region. Austin East,  GP, and Kingston would have been great games.

I'd give AE & GP the slight edge. Kingston and Loudon would been a barn burner of a game!

51 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

I don't know how Rankin can enjoy beating every team they play by as much as they do. Games are over at halftime. Only game that was competitive was Maryville. Size of school is irrelevant, should step up and play with big boys. Rankin is just like his nemesis, Carlton Flatt at BA, playing where they are going to win it all. Kinda puts a damper on all the wins. Can't be fun having a running clock in state championship playoffs.

Played three playoff 6A teams in the regular season? Need to play the Titans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Loudon would have been a great matchup for teams in our region. Austin East,  GP, and Kingston would have been great games.

I'd give AE & GP the slight edge. Kingston and Loudon would been a barn burner of a game!

Don't believe there is a planet inside our Universe where GP beats Loudon in football.

1 hour ago, RedskinTheLast1 said:

This is not the same Alcoa we played against when I was in school. These games were competitive back then. Where does all that talent come from?

That talent comes from Knoxville/ Sevier County / Blount County. Outsiders do not understand the ceiling level those cities  schools have. Also, people love moving to Blount County area because of the two city schools. 

Great coaching will over come a lot of things. Like I said before, tons of schools across the state could be represented better. Problem is the hire of HC.

Alcoa Playing up does help, but they have the guys to compete at the highest level. Other schools do not have that luxury. 

Loudon great run. Wish it was a better game for sure. 

18 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I just wish we were clicking when we played them but that butt whipping we got flat set us straight!