West at Central - For a trip to State!

WestHigh4Life

On 11/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, KnoxPhoto said:

I have nothing against West at all. So don’t think I’m trying to take anything away from what they’ve accomplished. It’s not about if they win the game or not. If they go out Friday and can sling it all over the field to get the win, I’ll absolutely think they can compete for the championship. I’ll admit I was wrong and be pulling for them to bring it home. But if they come out Friday and struggle to throw the ball, I won’t be quite as confident.  If they come out and can throw it but lose the game, I’ll still admit I was wrong. I’m just happy the gold ball has a chance to come back to Knox regardless of who makes it. 

Understand and fair point.

Friday cant get here soon enough,

Go Rebels!

23 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Good luck to both teams.  Both teams used to be part of Region 3 4A back in the  day. A very strong region back then. 

The strongest my friend...I can honestly say as a former player on those West teams we knew we were in a battle every Friday night and we sure felt it the next morning. It was always tough knowing you were playing for third place behind Maryville and Central.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, tubthumper said:

Are Knox/Blount county schools open zone? 

Students in Knox can apply for transfers.  However, they have to do it prior to their freshman year to avoid sitting out a year.  But I feel like you already know that.  

However, recruitment for athletics is still a TSSAA violation no matter if it was a "legal transfer" or "open Zone".