West at Central - For a trip to State!

WestHigh4Life

32 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

I don’t need to find out anything.  West is playing its 14th game and we didn’t get together this morning to turn in our gear.  We will be having Thanksgiving breakfast as a team.  Only 4 teams in 5A in the state can say that.  Our season has far exceeded anyone’s expectations and winning or losing this game will not change that.  

Okay, bud. lol.

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Central will do the same thing against West they did against SD, man coverage and load the box. Haven't seen anything from the West passing game that would change that. Also, why are there so many attempts to tackle Mattress (spelling) up high? You can't and Central knows that! This should be a heck of a game. Rosser and has the team clicking again at the right time.

Agreed on all points. 

7 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Okay, bud. lol.

Why delete your first comment?  And yes - when you called West one dimensional I tried to “call you out” by letting you know facts like - 40% of our yards have come in the air, or we have 1700+ passing yards, or we have 23 passing tds.  Not too shabby considering we have had the lead in most games and really never tried to pass in the second half.   Your only reply was when West loses I’ll be here to say I told you so. Sarcasm is a wonderful tool - try it “bud” “lol”. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Why delete your first comment?  And yes - when you called West one dimensional I tried to “call you out” by letting you know facts like - 40% of our yards have come in the air, or we have 1700+ passing yards, or we have 23 passing tds.  Not too shabby considering we have had the lead in most games and really never tried to pass in the second half.   Your only reply was when West loses I’ll be here to say I told you so. Sarcasm is a wonderful tool - try it “bud” “lol”. 

Because I thought better of what I was saying. You have your view and I have mine.  Best of luck to West. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

2 hours ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Because I thought better of what I was saying. You have your view and I have mine.  Best of luck to West. 

Not that I think West will win this Friday because Central is clearly more balanced and are the champs until they are beat...but if West does win...will you give credit then or will you pick Summit or Dyer County to win the following Friday as well?

Just Curious..

Either Way I think Central wins 21-14...hoping West shows up ready to play and not too full of turkey!

Go Rebels!

37 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Not that I think West will win this Friday because Central is clearly more balanced and are the champs until they are beat...but if West does win...will you give credit then or will you pick Summit or Dyer County to win the following Friday as well?

Just Curious..

Either Way I think Central wins 21-14...hoping West shows up ready to play and not too full of turkey!

Go Rebels!

I have nothing against West at all. So don’t think I’m trying to take anything away from what they’ve accomplished. It’s not about if they win the game or not. If they go out Friday and can sling it all over the field to get the win, I’ll absolutely think they can compete for the championship. I’ll admit I was wrong and be pulling for them to bring it home. But if they come out Friday and struggle to throw the ball, I won’t be quite as confident.  If they come out and can throw it but lose the game, I’ll still admit I was wrong. I’m just happy the gold ball has a chance to come back to Knox regardless of who makes it. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

11 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Did Central use that strategy both times they played SD?  How much of the West passing game have you seen?  

Yes, minus two key defenders in the first game. And my comment about not seeing anything in the West passing game to change our game plan was not meant out of disrespect. (did sound that way, sorry) I was at the first West-Powell game. West's ground game is their bread and butter. Two good running backs. If we don't stop that, we won't have a chance, so we will load the box and hope our DB's can stick with the receivers.

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Yes, minus two key defenders in the first game. And my comment about not seeing anything in the West passing game to change our game plan was not meant out of disrespect. (did sound that way, sorry) I was at the first West-Powell game. West's ground game is their bread and butter. Two good running backs. If we don't stop that, we won't have a chance, so we will load the box and hope our DB's can stick with the receivers.

........and win or lose, I'll be in the stands in Cookeville pulling for the team to bring the Gold Ball back here.

After watching film on West today, it’s easy to see why they are in the Semis. Their Defense is very good led by 10, 4, 25 and others. On offense the RBs are both good, the younger one is faster but both are bruising backs. QB has a good arm, can be inaccurate at times, but overall not bad. Oline is big and can move. The key to their entire team though is Number 10. He’s the guy that makes them go on both sides of the ball. I’m looking forward to see our practice this week to see what our gameplan is for West. They are a great team, should be a close low scoring game IMO.