1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

It’s pretty simple they came to Greenback to play for a winning team. They lost their Mr. Football QB so naturally the new QB saw a fit. Same for the receivers/back that came. They saw openings and showed up. I’m sure they did it the right way so there really isn’t anything to discuss. Do I wish both teams only had the kids coming back from the rosters at the end of 2018? Absolutely I do because we would be in much better shape to try and get the win on Friday. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

It’s pretty simple they came to Greenback to play for a winning team. They lost their Mr. Football QB so naturally the new QB saw a fit. Same for the receivers/back that came. They saw openings and showed up. I’m sure they did it the right way so there really isn’t anything to discuss. Do I wish both teams only had the kids coming back from the rosters at the end of 2018? Absolutely I do because we would be in much better shape to try and get the win on Friday. 

Going to be a great game!  Y’all have a great team as always!! 

4 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Man you know a lot of folks from several different area codes that just happened to all transfer to greenback the same year but hey I will give you one thing you did answer the question.

Yes, I know a lot of people.  I coached youth sports for 13 years on top of being in a business that I meet a lot of people.

I responded to your post because, while I might not post a lot on these boards the last couple of years, I am always on here keeping up with things and you have always been a good and a straight shooter.  I just hate to see people taking the bait that a couple of others has been spewing on here the last couple of months.  There is not another school and fan base that I respect any more than SP, and IMO, this game deserves much better.  Hoping for a great game Friday night!!

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes, I know a lot of people.  I coached youth sports for 13 years on top of being in a business that I meet a lot of people.

I responded to your post because, while I might not post a lot on these boards the last couple of years, I am always on here keeping up with things and you have always been a good and a straight shooter.  I just hate to see people taking the bait that a couple of others has been spewing on here the last couple of months.  There is not another school and fan base that I respect any more than SP, and IMO, this game deserves much better.  Hoping for a great game Friday night!!

Jake I'll send you a DM 

3 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Take the day to spend time with family and friends and took most of the night to catch up on here....transfers, Twitter, texts and politics. Guess that about sums it up.

For myself, I look forward to an emotional and physical game between two very talented football teams. The crowds will be large and loud, the atmosphere buzzing with excitement. One will win and one will lose, rest assured these are the kind of games that memories are made and the kids on both teams will never forget. 

Go Pirates 

Edited by piratetom
Ta
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Take the day to spend time with family and friends and took most of the night to catch up on here....transfers, Twitter, texts and politics. Guess that about sums it up.

For myself, I look forward to an emotional and physical game between two very talented football teams. The crowds will be large and loud, the atmosphere buzzing with excitement. One will win and one will lose, rest assured these are the kind of games that memories are made and the kids on both teams will never forget. 

Go Pirates 

Great post ! It will be a great time anytime you can play football after Thanksgiving it’s been a good year! Hope y’all have safe travels!! You can make a weekend and head up to Pigeon Forge and see the lights let the wife go shopping. 

Edited by GbMan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Go Pirates 

Good post!