1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

6 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

This is just not true! I am a parent of a SP player and you can see in your video players shaking hands. Yes, some of young men were distraught and emotional! Fans from both sides flooded the field and coaches along with officers separated them quickly! 
 I’ve taught my kids that in any sport you win and lose with dignity! Do not ever say I should be ashamed of my son! 
 This post ruins what was a game fought hard by both teams! 
 Congratulations on the win...horrible decision to falsely accuse a team of poor sportsmanship!

About 10 out of the 79 did. Nobody rushed them off the field, not sure where you get that.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Yes Jack some did very little but some did.If your boy was one of 5hem which i assume he was you have done a fine job raising him.Respect in defeat is tough but our kids have to learn it.Just like going to our G before the game started and jumping on it before the game our boys WOULD Never do that witout consequences.

They didn't jump on the G if you are referring to before we went to the locker room. We do that every game. Meet in the middle.

Edited by powerp

1 hour ago, GBKEES said:

About 10 out of the 79 did. Nobody rushed them off the field, not sure where you get that.

I didn’t say they rushed them off the field, your coaches along with ours and officers separated the two on coming flood of fans and then coaches started yelling for there respective team to go to one side of the field or the other. I also witnessed many kids after the gatherings still coming up and shaking hands. This video is made to put my young men in a negative light! Shame on the guy/woman who shot it and their comments! 
 This was a good, competitive game by both and trying to diminish that fact by posting this video is well HORSE MANURE! 

A5114D24-BB0B-4240-9B4D-4856F52E6FEC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes Jack some did very little but some did.If your boy was one of 5hem which i assume he was you have done a fine job raising him.Respect in defeat is tough but our kids have to learn it.Just like going to our G before the game started and jumping on it before the game our boys WOULD Never do that witout consequences.

All would have if not asked to move to an end zone! Sure some of our boys were distraught and emotional, but I also saw  a few GB players talking with them and patting them on the back! 
 I can understand why the crowns of people would be a concern to both coaching staffs and police. That was a big fan base from both sides! 
 Again, good win GB, hard fought 4 qtr game! 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

All would have if not asked to move to an end zone! Sure some of our boys were distraught and emotional, but I also do a few GB players talking with them and patting them on the back! 
 I can understand why the crowns of people would be a concern to both coaching staffs and police. That was a big fan base from both sides! 
 Again, good win GB, hard fought 4 qtr game! 

Agree.Thanks Jack i think we will meet again soon!

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Agree.Thanks Jack i think we will meet again soon!

I’m sure we will, I’ll be around for a long time...one day I hope the Greenback hurdle will be jumped! 
 Like you said in another post, each team played to win and at times you could see the emotion of not winning hit them! 
 Stats pretty much show how close that game should have been. 
 Sun still came up this morning, the loss will still hurt but I bet the sun still comes up tomorrow as well... 

Good luck in the State Game...I just honestly believe we witnessed that game last night! 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I’m sure we will, I’ll be for a long time...one day I hope the Greenback hurdle will be jumped! 
 Like you said in another post, each team played to win and at times you could see the emotion of not winning hit them! 
 Stats pretty much show how close that game should have been. 
 Sun still came up this morning, the loss will still hurt but I bet the sun still comes up tomorrow as well... 

Good luck in the State Game...I just honestly believe we witnessed that game last night! 

Like i said if we didnt send me the film of the other!That was instant classic!

• Upvote 1

The turn out is pretty much what I had in mind. I said earlier in the week that there was no way I could pick one or that other.  Few things that I can pick on is

1. Why didn't grider run the wing t a lot more than he really did?

2. There was bad calls on both sides. Sp had a block in the back right in front of my eyes that didn't get called. Gb was lined up offside that didn't get called but the main one for me was the tipped ball pass interference.  Other than those the refs let the boys play.

3. Peak had in my eyes a really good game plan. The Dbs played a lot better than what I thought they would have. 85% of the catches came across the middle right behind the backers or out into the flat. Kudos to Ryan for picking that apart.

4. Carnes is a better qb than swafford. I felt like sp got plenty of pressue on him which did cause some timing disruption but the kid over came that. He would step up in the pocket to buy a little more time. When he would get hit he would get right back up and do it again. Y'all are gonna miss him (unless you can replace him lol j/k)

5. Willis. Good player no doubt. Still not a SEC reciever. Had many passes he should have caught and didn't. Faster than advertised and will be missed. Any fast 6'4 reciever in 1a will be miss. Y'all out to get him to try out as a punter for college, kid can flat out boot the ball.

6. Fan base seemed better this year that previous years. Overall please with that. One of the gate ladys was a little rude but the other was as nice as could be. 

7. Can we please please get something going for seating. That is my main argument for playing @GB. You just need more seating plain and simple. Play at a different field or rent some bleachers. We carried a handicapped man in his wheel chair all the way to the top of the bleachers so he could watch his son play. 

8. One heckuva ball game. Both teams gave it all they got and it could have went either way very easily.  These 2 could play 10 times in a row and I still wouldn't pick a winner for any of them. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

wow. from which schools 

Over exaggerated a little but without the one's they got, SP wins with ease. 23 was a stud from Greenback but without 6 and 20,they don't win.# 1 may have been a transfer also,not sure about that. They,ll just reload again, GCA taught them well.