1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

Over exaggerated a little but without the one's they got, SP wins with ease. 23 was a stud from Greenback but without 6 and 20,they don't win.# 1 may have been a transfer also,not sure about that. They,ll just reload again, GCA taught them well. 

20 is no transfer all GB with his brothers from last year!!Without our Greenback line nobody does nothing!

Edited by orngnblk

9 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

The turn out is pretty much what I had in mind. I said earlier in the week that there was no way I could pick one or that other.  Few things that I can pick on is

1. Why didn't grider run the wing t a lot more than he really did?

2. There was bad calls on both sides. Sp had a block in the back right in front of my eyes that didn't get called. Gb was lined up offside that didn't get called but the main one for me was the tipped ball pass interference.  Other than those the refs let the boys play.

3. Peak had in my eyes a really good game plan. The Dbs played a lot better than what I thought they would have. 85% of the catches came across the middle right behind the backers or out into the flat. Kudos to Ryan for picking that apart.

4. Carnes is a better qb than swafford. I felt like sp got plenty of pressue on him which did cause some timing disruption but the kid over came that. He would step up in the pocket to buy a little more time. When he would get hit he would get right back up and do it again. Y'all are gonna miss him (unless you can replace him lol j/k)

5. Willis. Good player no doubt. Still not a SEC reciever. Had many passes he should have caught and didn't. Faster than advertised and will be missed. Any fast 6'4 reciever in 1a will be miss. Y'all out to get him to try out as a punter for college, kid can flat out boot the ball.

6. Fan base seemed better this year that previous years. Overall please with that. One of the gate ladys was a little rude but the other was as nice as could be. 

7. Can we please please get something going for seating. That is my main argument for playing @GB. You just need more seating plain and simple. Play at a different field or rent some bleachers. We carried a handicapped man in his wheel chair all the way to the top of the bleachers so he could watch his son play. 

8. One heckuva ball game. Both teams gave it all they got and it could have went either way very easily.  These 2 could play 10 times in a row and I still wouldn't pick a winner for any of them. 

Agree.Good post.

23 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

The turn out is pretty much what I had in mind. I said earlier in the week that there was no way I could pick one or that other.  Few things that I can pick on is

1. Why didn't grider run the wing t a lot more than he really did?

2. There was bad calls on both sides. Sp had a block in the back right in front of my eyes that didn't get called. Gb was lined up offside that didn't get called but the main one for me was the tipped ball pass interference.  Other than those the refs let the boys play.

3. Peak had in my eyes a really good game plan. The Dbs played a lot better than what I thought they would have. 85% of the catches came across the middle right behind the backers or out into the flat. Kudos to Ryan for picking that apart.

4. Carnes is a better qb than swafford. I felt like sp got plenty of pressue on him which did cause some timing disruption but the kid over came that. He would step up in the pocket to buy a little more time. When he would get hit he would get right back up and do it again. Y'all are gonna miss him (unless you can replace him lol j/k)

5. Willis. Good player no doubt. Still not a SEC reciever. Had many passes he should have caught and didn't. Faster than advertised and will be missed. Any fast 6'4 reciever in 1a will be miss. Y'all out to get him to try out as a punter for college, kid can flat out boot the ball.

6. Fan base seemed better this year that previous years. Overall please with that. One of the gate ladys was a little rude but the other was as nice as could be. 

7. Can we please please get something going for seating. That is my main argument for playing @GB. You just need more seating plain and simple. Play at a different field or rent some bleachers. We carried a handicapped man in his wheel chair all the way to the top of the bleachers so he could watch his son play. 

8. One heckuva ball game. Both teams gave it all they got and it could have went either way very easily.  These 2 could play 10 times in a row and I still wouldn't pick a winner for any of them. 

#6 is a joke. We had a guy wearing south Pitt gear from head to toe come in front of our truck flex on us and scream WERE HERE TO $&@? YOU UP ALL NIGHT. Classy

#7  please call loudon county school board and see if you can get that arranged. We would love to have more seating but when your the peasants of the county you do what you can with the best you got

3 minutes ago, muskox said:

#6 is a joke. We had a guy wearing south Pitt gear from head to toe come in front of our truck flex on us and scream WERE HERE TO $&@? YOU UP ALL NIGHT. Classy

#7  please call loudon county school board and see if you can get that arranged. We would love to have more seating but when your the peasants of the county you do what you can with the best you got

You got good fans and bad fans anywhere you go. Just like when we came up to the gate and they didn't let us in because they didn't have tickets yet we could have been straight up ***holes but we wasn't. Like I said you have good and bad with every crowd.

In all seriousness something needs to be done about the seating. Like I said that is my only complaint. File for a grant do more fundraiser get involved more bringing in moveable bleachers shouldn't be over $1000.  You almost make that off concessions alone at a high profile game like that.

1 minute ago, Spfan2011 said:

Carnes didn't pout on the ground for 10-15 seconds every time he got hit. Carnes didn't get frustrated, stepped up in the pocket and made the play when he could.

He got a little anxious just like he did when Oneida nailed him,but he composes himself well enough to finish.Tuff for a small guy.

6 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

You got good fans and bad fans anywhere you go. Just like when we came up to the gate and they didn't let us in because they didn't have tickets yet we could have been straight up ***holes but we wasn't. Like I said you have good and bad with every crowd.

In all seriousness something needs to be done about the seating. Like I said that is my only complaint. File for a grant do more fundraiser get involved more bringing in moveable bleachers shouldn't be over $1000.  You almost make that off concessions alone at a high profile game like that.

I'll pledge $20 to the effort. I'd love to see y'all get an upgrade on the visitors side. Everything else is really nice now. I'm serious, one of y'all get the ball rolling and I'll chip in. 

Yes I know you're from SP but I was referring to the GB visitors side and the fund raiser thing. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

I'll pledge $20 to the effort. I'd love to see y'all get an upgrade on the visitors side. Everything else is really nice now. I'm serious, one of y'all get the ball rolling and I'll chip in. 

We got something in the works. Our old head coach Satterfield is on the county commission. Hope it works out