1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

59 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Looks like he got in here. That being said, if the angle of the video were right down the goal line (refs point of view) it would be easier to tell.

20191201_094937.jpg

The angle and depth makes it look like it is but it is not. Your vertical line lacks depth, slide it on out on the horizontal.

Edited by rtl112

The play at the goal line should have never mattered.  It was never clear that he crossed the goal line...even the refs could not make a call.  The biggest play of the game in my opinion was the pass interference call on 4th down  when the Pirate defense had stopped Greenback again.  That play basically put the MO back to Greenback and they took control of the game.  If the Pirates get the ball there and score again, it is a 3 score ballgame late in the 3rd quarter. 

I do not understand the comment earlier in the thread about the Pirates not being hit like that all year.  That is laughable.  I mean, you have the golly green giant at receiver and his cousins on the line.  They SHOULD have imposed their will but the Pirate defense still pressured the QB.  If the Pirates would have stuck with running the plays that were giving the Greenback defense problems, it would have been a different outcome.  There was no need to be passing the ball...even with 10 men in the box the Pirates were able to run the ball. 

#23 is a heck of a player and without him Greenback does not win.  QB is good too, but #23 was the receiver the Pirate defense struggled to cover the whole game.  He caught a pass in front of our stands and was tackled.  I was shocked when he turned around and glared at the crowd making it very obvious that he wanted everyone to see him.  There is no place for that...all I will say is pride comes before a fall.  He is too good of a player to be stooping to antics like that. 

Edited by UncleDave

19 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

The play at the goal line should have never mattered.  It was never clear that he crossed the goal line...even the refs could not make a call.  The biggest play of the game in my opinion was the pass interference call on 4th down  when the Pirate defense had stopped Greenback again.  That play basically put the MO back to Greenback and they took control of the game.  If the Pirates get the ball there and score again, it is a 3 score ballgame late in the 3rd quarter. 

I do not understand the comment earlier in the thread about the Pirates not being hit like that all year.  That is laughable.  I mean, you have the golly green giant at receiver and his cousins on the line.  They SHOULD have imposed their will but the Pirate defense still pressured the QB.  If the Pirates would have stuck with running the plays that were giving the Greenback defense problems, it would have been a different outcome.  There was no need to be passing the ball...even with 10 men in the box the Pirates were able to run the ball. 

#23 is a heck of a player and without him Greenback does not win.  QB is good too, but #23 was the receiver the Pirate defense struggled to cover the whole game.  He caught a pass in front of our stands and was tackled.  I was shocked when he turned around and glared at the crowd making it very obvious that he wanted everyone to see him.  There is no place for that...all I will say is pride comes before a fall.  He is too good of a player to be stooping to antics like that. 

The kid can probably read what some of the SP posters have said about his team all year. We all have seen the videos of the sportsmanship SP players showed after the game while shaking hands. But please continue to attack this one kid and his "glare"

45 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

A glare at a fanbase that had repeatedly called him "over rated" all week isn't a big deal to me.   At least he didn't pull a Rashaan Golden....:roflolk:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

A glare at a fanbase that had repeatedly called him "over rated" all week isn't a big deal to me.   At least he didn't pull a Rashaan Golden....:roflolk:

I didn't want to say it, but it's there. I mean who gets their feelings hurt over someone looking at them lol.

48 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Lol what about all the stuff that SP was yelling at him during that play and before the game?!

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I didn't want to say it, but it's there. I mean who gets their feelings hurt over someone looking at them lol.

Well when he is glaring at kids and parents and not the people that said anything...yeah it is trash!  He had been pumped up to be a good Christian kid...that is not the attributes I was taught.  That was a punk move I do not care if his daddy,  brother, mom or whoever comes on here and defends him.  If I was a college coach, no matter the ability that crap would turn me off. 

You need to quit sniffing Greenback tail...you still pissed because Pittsburg handled your awesome team.

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

Lol what about all the stuff that SP was yelling at him during that play and before the game?!

I was right on the sidelines...nobody said anything until he turned around.  That is not the first time I have heard of him doing antics to pump himself up.  Pride comes before a fall.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, UncleDave said:

Well when he is glaring at kids and parents and not the people that said anything...yeah it is trash!  He had been pumped up to be a good Christian kid...that is not the attributes I was taught.  That was a punk move I do not care if his daddy,  brother, mom or whoever comes on here and defends him.  If I was a college coach, no matter the ability that crap would turn me off. 

You need to quit sniffing Greenback tail...you still pissed because Pittsburg handled your awesome team.

He is also a kid, you seem to forget that. I will always take up for kids regardless of whos tearing them down. Ive heard plenty enough of how it went down to know who had class and who didn't. also yeah you beat us, but are you coming to watch us Saturday ? or you going to watch Greenback ?