1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, crow said:

No during warmup he was kicking from the 20 at home hash and hitting folks on the 35 on our sideline. Then again maybe he's just that good. Hadn't occurred to me until now he was sniping us lol. 

Did that on purpose last night on our Fieldhouse but put ball on their 18!!LOL

7 hours ago, Spfan2011 said:

The turn out is pretty much what I had in mind. I said earlier in the week that there was no way I could pick one or that other.  Few things that I can pick on is

1. Why didn't grider run the wing t a lot more than he really did?

2. There was bad calls on both sides. Sp had a block in the back right in front of my eyes that didn't get called. Gb was lined up offside that didn't get called but the main one for me was the tipped ball pass interference.  Other than those the refs let the boys play.

3. Peak had in my eyes a really good game plan. The Dbs played a lot better than what I thought they would have. 85% of the catches came across the middle right behind the backers or out into the flat. Kudos to Ryan for picking that apart.

4. Carnes is a better qb than swafford. I felt like sp got plenty of pressue on him which did cause some timing disruption but the kid over came that. He would step up in the pocket to buy a little more time. When he would get hit he would get right back up and do it again. Y'all are gonna miss him (unless you can replace him lol j/k)

5. Willis. Good player no doubt. Still not a SEC reciever. Had many passes he should have caught and didn't. Faster than advertised and will be missed. Any fast 6'4 reciever in 1a will be miss. Y'all out to get him to try out as a punter for college, kid can flat out boot the ball.

6. Fan base seemed better this year that previous years. Overall please with that. One of the gate ladys was a little rude but the other was as nice as could be. 

7. Can we please please get something going for seating. That is my main argument for playing @GB. You just need more seating plain and simple. Play at a different field or rent some bleachers. We carried a handicapped man in his wheel chair all the way to the top of the bleachers so he could watch his son play. 

8. One heckuva ball game. Both teams gave it all they got and it could have went either way very easily.  These 2 could play 10 times in a row and I still wouldn't pick a winner for any of them. 

This is a good post. trust me we wish we had more seating on that side too! Its embarrassing it really is.

6 hours ago, Spfan2011 said:

You got good fans and bad fans anywhere you go. Just like when we came up to the gate and they didn't let us in because they didn't have tickets yet we could have been straight up ***holes but we wasn't. Like I said you have good and bad with every crowd.

In all seriousness something needs to be done about the seating. Like I said that is my only complaint. File for a grant do more fundraiser get involved more bringing in moveable bleachers shouldn't be over $1000.  You almost make that off concessions alone at a high profile game like that.

Our bands parents do the concession stand thats how they get their money. to pay for their buses and band contest they go to and win !

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

He’s averaging in the 40’s I’m not sure what it is exactly. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

That's a good average for sure. Punter is a good gig but he don't wanna punt. Good to show he can just in case. Always nice to have a Swiss army knife ya know, just another skill for a coach to consider. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

His punts were sweet last night

The more I read and hear about these two brothers, the more I'm convinced these have to be sons of mine! :roflolk: That'd make me having 6 sons and a lot of unanswered questions :huh:

• Like 1