1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

O&b man you whined and belly ached about your website getting combined with mine.   Its laughable your goal is to try to catch up with RD and your posting of random comments.  If anyone says anything that you disagree with you attack them just like you fellars did last night to that Tyrone man.  You knowd I aint joking either. 

Roy your still old news!YOU got my website back and i think its funny!!!:roflol:.Nobody wanted to here the negative things you post about our kids and your own posters.Its time Roy,its time.LAUGH OUT LOUD!!

10 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

You are right about that one. Those were the days. SP had some teams in the mid and late 90’s that were so fast. I also have to throw in the 2007 SP team. They were a once in a lifetime type team. They were like a 2015 NCS or 2016 Dresden type teams. Unfortunately we don’t get to see those types of teams very often. 

Those teams only come along so often but your area has those type players every other year,just to have a team full nowadays is hard but it looks like you have them again or close to it.

2 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

This should be a real good game. SP has only played one team in Greenback’s class (Meigs) while Greenback has played two teams in SP’s class (Loudon and Meigs.) No doubt that this is two of the four best teams in 1A. It seems like a few years ago there was some discussion that we weren’t as good as their quarterfinal opponent. I don’t think that’s the case in this one. 

Also that 17 Coalfield team when McKinney was healthy was the best team we played other than you all.You guys would have been a toss up,dont think you could stop their pass,they would have a time with your run.Both teams were better than Cornersville tho.

Just now, rlh said:

Sam Pickett returned a punt in the 99 state championship on Moore County and the punter was still in the follow through when he went by him!  Of course the punter was hurrying because of the rush and kicked it high but short and Pickett ran under it. 

I remember the Pickett kid,and i thought Geno was spot on!One of the fastest kids i had seen.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Also that 17 Coalfield team when McKinney was healthy was the best team we played other than you all.You guys would have been a toss up,dont think you could stop their pass,they would have a time with your run.Both teams were better than Cornersville tho.

Not sure anyone would have beat Coalfield that year with a Healthy Mckinney. Watched the game and the second he got hurt,the game completely changed.

2 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

It seems like a few years ago there was some discussion that we weren’t as good as their quarterfinal opponent. I don’t think that’s the case in this one. 

40 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

If Oneida had an offense to go with the D they would be playing in Cookeville!

They would have had to have a good one to slow down 500 yards rushing from Meigs this past Friday night. 

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Also that 17 Coalfield team when McKinney was healthy was the best team we played other than you all.

I know that’s why I made the statement above. lol

13 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

And so it begins I see! This thread is sure to be full of trigger words and unbelievable tales of coaches “not being worried” of the upcoming game!

Take some BP meds and do your best to ignore the triggers and if anyone (including this Ryan man or Grider man) says they aren’t worried is straight up lying! 
 These teams have meet up plenty of times to realize neither are to be taken lightly and that you’d better be playing your A game all night! One or two mistakes could cost you in the end! 
 Classic battle between a pass heavy and run heavy offense! Question is, which Defense will be most efficient in stopping the other? We know both offenses can score but which Defense will bend without breaking?

You want a seat and to watch a great playoff game, you better leave early and plan on staying till the final whistle! 
 IMHO, this game will be won  or lost in the defensive trenches...dig in deep men, this is going to be a battle for 4 qtrs! 
 Personally, I believe the Pirates get over the Orange and black hurdle that is GB this year! It’s my team and I’ll always pull for my team! GB fans are the same, they will choose GB to win! 
Friday will be here soon enough, enjoy your Thanksgiving with family and then we will enjoy a great football game the day after! 

55388618-AF5E-4D2D-A266-7CF8F1F413EA.jpeg

4B8B55A2-E0E9-4F80-AE14-F2A37EB09265.jpeg

I think it will all lie in the hands of the Offensive and defensive lines!Which one can take advantage of the other will be the difference.If both are efficient then alot of points will be scored and who has it last will have the upper hand.My opinion is if we cannot run it at all,our chances fly out the door.Our terrible outing last Fri with our undisciplined actions worries me just as much as SPs Defense!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I think it will all lie in the hands of the Offensive and defensive lines!Which one can take advantage of the other will be the difference.If both are efficient then alot of points will be scored and who has it last will have the upper hand.My opinion is if we cannot run it at all,our chances fly out the door.Our terrible outing last Fri with our undisciplined actions worries me just as much as SPs Defense!

+1

• Like 1