2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

Quote of the day, when the trophy presentation was going on, I told Jacobs that was some great halftime adjustments.    He said, "ya, that was all me, the other Coaches just sat around in the locker room at halftime" , then kind of winked.   

He's a really awesome dude.   He and Coach Fitzgerald are among my favorite Coaches to interview.   Two class acts.

7 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Swafford is the real deal.  A stud on the field who never quits, and great young man.  I look forward to seeing him play at Navy.  

Does anyone have the game stats?  Like the box score or whatever?

Except for the moment Dickson nails Swafford.  It’s like Swafford hit a brick wall.  There’s a video on FB of that moment.  Swafford has to see stars after that hit.    Once we started utilizing Dickson in the second half, there was no stopping us.   Dickson is hard to take down to say the least.  He earned that MVP award! Not trying to take anything away from Swafford by any means, he doesn’t get the recognition he gets for no reason.    I think our guys had his number to keep him limited.

• Like 1

First time I got to watch Meigs County and Peabody all year. 

Swafford is Meigs County and without him I don’t think MC is in this game or even in this Championship game. MC looked to be totally dependent on his play. ( great athlete)

As for Peabody... They seemed more balanced and probably would’ve still been the Championship game without Dickson and that’s not disrespecting him at all. ( the kid is a beast) I just think Peabody was more balanced than MC !

Either way.. those were two GREAT teams that should be proud of themselves.

Congrats to both teams!