2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 minute ago, PHSRollTide said:

I will say this. Speed was down at Riverside because their field was a muddy mess. The first few minutes of the game guys fell because of the field. They did an awesome job fixing it but the field had a layer of leaves on it since week 8 and it was rough to play on. 

I'm sure it was.

2 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

Yes but 2 totally different schemes. PB is fast can't argue that.

No, I agree with you. It just looked to me like we would have success running up the gut after watching that game. Speed may contain the corners, but oftentimes speed Is traded for size. One good block fixes that. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

No, I agree with you. It just looked to me like we would have success running up the gut after watching that game. Speed may contain the corners, but oftentimes speed Is traded for size. One good block fixes that. 

Passing game will have to keep them loosened up. Gonna be a dang good one for sure.

2 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

Passing game will have to keep them loosened up. Gonna be a dang good one for sure.

Yeah video can be deceptive. I really hope we do pass some. I feel we havent passed enough really this year, although considering injuries I understand it. Were just hard to beat when we mix it up. Even Vs. Trousdale we didnt pass much until they scored. It really opened up the game for us though.

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

Talking to a friend in Jackson today and he said many people think this is the best team Peabody has ever had.

May very well be. Were not sure this isn't the best team Meigs has ever had as well. Last 2 years championship game has been close I'd say this will be a 10 point game either way.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

May very well be. Were not sure this isn't the best team Meigs has ever had as well. Last 2 years championship game has been close I'd say this will be a 10 point game either way.

Hard to say which Meigs team was best. I saw the '80 team and '95 team play and they were both very good too. This current group of Tigers has been enjoyable to watch.

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

You guys were talking about our defense. I will say this we don’t start the same secondary or linebackers every game we won’t know who will be on the field till game day and that may change during the game. 

Wasnt dissing anyone, just looked like from what I saw we might have success against what you put up against Riverside. And I agree. Trousdale game for us will most likely be alot different setup for when we face you all.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Wasnt dissing anyone, just looked like from what I saw we might have success against what you put up against Riverside. And I agree. Trousdale game for us will most likely be alot different setup for when we face you all.

Yeti,

I will be pulling for you guys Saturday.  Best of luck to your boys.  It will be nice to say we got beat by the best.  Go bring that Gold Ball back to Meigs!