Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

8 hours ago, catswild said:

I heard he is coaching at Jefferson, so that's a head scratcher. Maybe he and Gaddis had a falling out or maybe he doesn't want to put in the time that high school coaching requires.

My source says time and family. No falling out, but James is such a class guy he wouldn't say if there was.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, catswild said:

While it may interest some people, I would say many people aren't too interested in the offers that players self report on Twitter. Many of the offers are meaningless since colleges offer anyone who has a pulse this time of year before they actually decide later in the year who the "real" offers will go to. Obviously players like Tee Higgins are different, but you get my point. No one knows if you stink but if it bothers you to get yelled at then stay off other threads. 

That is a ridiculous thing to say. Of course we want to hear about offers? Last time I checked, this entire threat is dedicated to OR Football ie; players, coaches, games, etc....oh yeah....and those pesky offers being made to our players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ORDT said:

That is a ridiculous thing to say. Of course we want to hear about offers? Last time I checked, this entire threat is dedicated to OR Football ie; players, coaches, games, etc....oh yeah....and those pesky offers being made to our players.

I was simply responding to a question from Willie, as he seemed confused about why posters weren't responding to his posts. My opinion, and I reserve the right to have one, is that the majority of his posts lately have been about the many "offers" our players have received. While you may be obsessed with interest in these "events", most posters don't even bother to respond...but maybe that's how they express their extreme interest. And thanks for the information about this being a thread dedicated to OR Football...I had no idea!

I really forgot we lost this game last yr.Really forgot how bad we looked the 1st 3 games or so.Im hoping the offense gets going faster this yr instead of taking half the yr to get going.I think HV lost the fast guy they had seems like his name was Gunn.Hopefully they lost some of those players on D that shut us down

4 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I really forgot we lost this game last yr.Really forgot how bad we looked the 1st 3 games or so.Im hoping the offense gets going faster this yr instead of taking half the yr to get going.I think HV lost the fast guy they had seems like his name was Gunn.Hopefully they lost some of those players on D that shut us down

I believe HV is in a rebuilding mode so to say. I believe OR (even though it seems OR starts off slow every year) will run away with this one.

I say OR 35 HVA 7

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I believe HV is in a rebuilding mode so to say. I believe OR (even though it seems OR starts off slow every year) will run away with this one.

I say OR 35 HVA 7

Hv is not in the rebuilding mode. This will be a hard fought game! Harden valley is suppose to be good this year! Go wildcats and I will be cheering for Clinton as well as they have some oak ridgers on the team if you guys didn’t know

52 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Hv is not in the rebuilding mode. This will be a hard fought game! Harden valley is suppose to be good this year! Go wildcats and I will be cheering for Clinton as well as they have some oak ridgers on the team if you guys didn’t know

A guy I work with told me about 1 guy for sure that transferred over. Said he wasn't expected to get any playing time at OR because he is a freshman or something along those lines. 

Coach Keith said Clinton could be playing as many as 5 freshman early on. 

2 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

What I mean by a "rebuilding year" is HV has only 3 starters returning on each side of the ball. So rebuilding might not have been the correct word to use but maybe inexperienced instead.

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

A guy I work with told me about 1 guy for sure that transferred over. Said he wasn't expected to get any playing time at OR because he is a freshman or something along those lines. 

Coach Keith said Clinton could be playing as many as 5 freshman early on. 

I don’t know about the freshman tbh but they have 3 that transferred who will be starters and key pieces! Honestly I like for their names to be in the light early starting Friday 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

I don’t know about the freshman tbh but they have 3 that transferred who will be starters and key pieces! Honestly I like for their names to be in the light early starting Friday 

Sounds good to me! I hope they have alot of success at Clinton. It's about time Clinton received some players instead of losing them to other schools.