Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Lets see how the DC and players react to such a pathetic showing.It would be great to see some improvement if nothing else.I dont have much faith but would love to be  wrong

Should be interesting. I know we have some key players off of both teams, but I heard the freshman and JV teams lost to Farragut too, so they got a triple sweep on us. I don’t like that at all, and hope it isn’t a reflection of how things are gonna be in the series for the foreseeable future.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Should be interesting. I know we have some key players off of both teams, but I heard the freshman and JV teams lost to Farragut too, so they got a triple sweep on us. I don’t like that at all, and hope it isn’t a reflection of how things are gonna be in the series for the foreseeable future.

I think the OR freshmen would beat the Farragut freshmen with their QB (broken collarbone) and Brandon Heyward (varsity). 

Its easy to over react to being 2-3 at Oak Ridge and more losses coming.And its easy to overlook that all our losses have come vs good ranked teams(2 in 6a).But I really dont see how anyone could say Gaddis is on the right track.We had a good enuff team at least twice to go to state since he has been back and blew it.We bring back so much from last yr including a power 5 d1 RB,QB,top WR and somehow get worse.He either has to make major changes with staff or hit the road.I love him as HC but u cant let your program suffer because u wanna keep you friends around.Hope he figures it out fast

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Its easy to over react to being 2-3 at Oak Ridge and more losses coming.And its easy to overlook that all our losses have come vs good ranked teams(2 in 6a).But I really dont see how anyone could say Gaddis is on the right track.We had a good enuff team at least twice to go to state since he has been back and blew it.We bring back so much from last yr including a power 5 d1 RB,QB,top WR and somehow get worse.He either has to make major changes with staff or hit the road.I love him as HC but u cant let your program suffer because u wanna keep you friends around.Hope he figures it out fast

I've seen multiple OR games this season, and I have no clue what you guys are trying to do offensively. There is some very clear skill-position talent at your disposal, but when you don't have a clear identity, it is hard to properly utilize that talent.

You guys have played some tough opponents, so things aren't as grim as they seem. Gonna be interesting to see where things go during the second half of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Yes, we haven’t improved in the slightest since last year. I think the OL has gotten even worse, and that was supposed to be a strong point of this team. We do not look like a well coached team, at all. I’m having a hard time disagreeing with you. The proof is in the pudding, so to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I've seen multiple OR games this season, and I have no clue what you guys are trying to do offensively. There is some very clear skill-position talent at your disposal, but when you don't have a clear identity, it is hard to properly utilize that talent.

You guys have played some tough opponents, so things aren't as grim as they seem. Gonna be interesting to see where things go during the second half of the season. 

Your right.They cant make their mind up week to week.We have ran all kinds offenses under this OC.And your right we have lost to really good teams but the fact that we look worse than last yr and dont fix problems that have been going on for years is what makes me mad.Show us any sign that you are working on fixing the problem and I would be happy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yes, we haven’t improved in the slightest since last year. I think the OL has gotten even worse, and that was supposed to be a strong point of this team. We do not look like a well coached team, at all. I’m having a hard time disagreeing with you. The proof is in the pudding, so to say.

Im gonna go back and watch but Im so with u on the Oline.It makes no sense with so many guys back this yr with starts that they look worse.Is it the blocking scheme or guys getting beat?I see way to many guys pulling and letting a guy straight into backfield.And it dont help that we run read plays and dont read the defense which defeats the whole purpose.Or we run these slow developing plays with 4 plus guys crowding the backfield.

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Im gonna go back and watch but Im so with u on the Oline.It makes no sense with so many guys back this yr with starts that they look worse.Is it the blocking scheme or guys getting beat?I see way to many guys pulling and letting a guy straight into backfield.And it dont help that we run read plays and dont read the defense which defeats the whole purpose.Or we run these slow developing plays with 4 plus guys crowding the backfield.

I’m not sure what to say my man. It’s baffling to say the least.

• Like 1