Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

I get it that these kids are probably too young to appreciate the FHS v OR rivalry.  No disrespect to the Ads, they soundly whipped us with a great game plan and execution. But dang, that was the worst Farragut team I have ever seen, and I have seen every one of the OR v FHS games.   They had 1 guy, 20 and we knew that, and he flat wore us out.   

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

I get it that these kids are probably too young to appreciate the FHS v OR rivalry.  No disrespect to the Ads, they soundly whipped us with a great game plan and execution. But dang, that was the worst Farragut team I have ever seen, and I have seen every one of the OR v FHS games.   They had 1 guy, 20 and we knew that, and he flat wore us out.   

Man, did he ever. I thought I was witnessing the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, only he was white and about 5’8” tall. 

5 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

If Oak Ridge let the Farragut QB pick that zone apart last night......then they are going to have a TUFF time when they play Powell....JMO

If we play like we did last night, Powell will hang a 60 spot on us. I said that last night. On the positive side, improvements can be made. We aren’t lacking in athleticism out there.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

If we play like we did last night, Powell will hang a 60 spot on us. I said that last night. On the positive side, improvements can be made. We aren’t lacking in athleticism out there.

With the West game less than a week away, Powell is the last thing on my mind. Powell is six weeks away and they aren't even on the radar. It has more to do with OR than does anyone OR plays. For starters, Kendall Jackson needs to play. Since he has an offer from Tennessee, he must be our best player (name a team on the OR schedule who's best player hasn't played since week two) and he hasn't played a single play in two games. The OR secondary must play better (easier said than done). OR must get more pressure on the QB. OR must be able to run the ball (Jackson's presence on the field will help this a lot). OR must be able to kick extra points. Take care of all of this and OR is a completely different team, and much of it, if not all, can be accomplished.

• Upvote 1

The Oak Ridge sch is brutal.Your 4 non region games are all vs 6a teams and 3 will be top 10 teams.And you play in the toughest region in high school football.Powell and West could be the top 2 teams in 5a.Fulton always a tuff game no matter what.I really think it will make us better if it dont break the kids and they can learn from all this good comp every week.We couldve scheduled 4 avg teams and be undefeated right now.Some may argue that would be better but you have to think identifying are weaknesses should only help.