Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

2 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

We are a public school. That’s not going to happen. 

I know that much, Catholic was just a public school 2 years ago and Marivul still beat the brakes off of them. I just think Marivul if they played up sometimes might would fair well. But we will never know cause like you said "it'll never happen"

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I guess we just have different opinions of what just above average is. The past few seasons, I will agree with ya.  Take Maryville out of the equation and we might not even be having this conversation. And no, no nerves struck, but I am passionate about our football team and will speak up if need be.

And since 2010 5-0 vs Central and outscored them like 169-46.And for fun we can throw the 34-0 2009 game in there.People act like a few down yrs erases yrs of great tradition few can match.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

And since 2010 5-0 vs Central and outscored them like 169-46.And for fun we can throw the 34-0 2009 game in there.People act like a few down yrs erases yrs of great tradition few can match.

Very true. That Central fan has let the titles they’ve won go to his head a little bit. They’ve been around since the 1920s, and just won their first one a few years ago. It only took them a hundred years or so. Not taking anything away from their great teams of the past and their tradition overall, but people think state championships and even state title game appearances grow on trees. Maryville and Alcoa have set the bar so extremely high, that if you don’t win state once every ten years you’re an “average program” even if you have a better record than most teams throughout a 10 year period not named Maryville and Alcoa, and a few select others.

Edited by SweetScience

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Very true. That Central fan has let the titles they’ve won go to his head a little bit. They’ve been around since the 1920s, and just won their first one a few years ago. It only took them a hundred years or so. Not taking anything away from their great teams of the past and their tradition overall, but people think state championships and even state title game appearances grow on trees. Maryville and Alcoa have set the bar so extremely high, that if you don’t win state once every ten years you’re an “average program” even if you have a better record than most teams throughout a 10 year period not named Maryville and Alcoa, and a few select others.

I would love to see the districts get shaken up. Make it fun. You can put 4a and 5a schools in the same district. AC, Oak Ridge, Knox Powell, South Doyle, you could throw in a Bradley Central, Knox Central and Knox West. 3 non district games but that would be an onslaught of competition for the regular season. Good football every week. I know thats never clausible  but just having some fun 

Edited by Thund3rStruck
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I know that much, Catholic was just a public school 2 years ago and Marivul still beat the brakes off of them. I just think Marivul if they played up sometimes might would fair well. But we will never know cause like you said "it'll never happen"

NO.  Catholic was never a public school.  That was the problem.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Your so right.Oak Ridge is a top 10 team in their class almost every yr.From 2010-2020 is first decade we didnt go to state.People even forget about those good teams Blade had was playing up a class and couldve kept that streak a alive.Not to mention 2 or 3 other years we had a good enuff team.Besides all that high school football is great because of the true rivalry games and the rival games the happen from going at it with another team for 3 or 4 years straight in playoffs or for region titles.And dont get me wrong going to state is great and always the goal but the best games Ive ever seen have been reg season and playoffs leading up to state.91 games vs Central was way better than state title.Battles with DB in the playoffs.Going to Riverdale and shocking everybody after coacht talked about the cupcake sch we played and how we really wasnt good.Gulmire vs Farragut 2005.Smacking Clinton 74-0 after they poked the bear.I could go on and on but people acting like nothing but a state title matters are nuts.And we have plenty and more than most so its not like I say that because we havent won any

• Upvote 1