FORREST 2020

GeneralForrest

32 minutes ago, Salem said:

From memory in middle school: This year's seniors: undefeated/ untouchable, Juniors: runners up, Sophomores: runners up. Both years only losses were to Fayetteville. Freshmen: loss 3-4 didn't make playoffs; 8th grade: lost 3-4 didn't make playoffs. Key players from 10th and 11th class no longer play. I go see 2-3 middle school games a year and there has been wasted talent the last 2 seasons. 

Still got 2 good classes before a drop off sounds like

2 hours ago, BossDog said:

Still would be scared to play Cornersville, nothing new. 

Last time the two teams met was 2014. Forrest won 49-14. Forrest running back set the school rushing record and is still winded. Forrest has tried to schedule the game every time a new schedule is made but to no avail. Even though CHS is the first school we contact after the region games are set we always get the _" we can't make it work on our schedule this time" response. Cornersville missed some prime opportunities for bragging rights in the series over the last 3 seasons. The administrations or even school board should get involved and get this game back on both teams schedules. 

The two teams have played a handful of scrimmages, 7 on 7, and JV games over that span. 

Two programs haven't played in middle school in a long time. Seems like Cornersville would want to participate in a middle school conference with many of the same junior pro teams they grow up playing but the school is content to play south TN middle schools and go undefeated every year. 

The Cornersville 9th grade class dominated junior pro. Forrest has won every other division and game going all the way down from this year's seniors to this year's 4 year olds.  

30 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Still got 2 good classes before a drop off sounds like

IF the coaches get the kids out walking the halls there will not be a huge drop off. Can still be 7-3, 8-2 with our schedule. IF they don't and we lose the same number of kids as the previous two years there will be an immediate and painful drop off. I may suspend myself from coachT. :D

I expect (if they stay together) this year's 8th and 9th grade classes to be solid in two years. They have some very athletic kids. Rumor has it our 6th grade class is better than the seniors that just finished playing but that won't help us next year. 

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last time the two teams met was 2014. Forrest won 49-14. Forrest running back set the school rushing record and is still winded. Forrest has tried to schedule the game every time a new schedule is made but to no avail. Even though CHS is the first school we contact after the region games are set we always get the _" we can't make it work on our schedule this time" response. Cornersville missed some prime opportunities for bragging rights in the series over the last 3 seasons. The administrations or even school board should get involved and get this game back on both teams schedules. 

The two teams have played a handful of scrimmages, 7 on 7, and JV games over that span. 

Two programs haven't played in middle school in a long time. Seems like Cornersville would want to participate in a middle school conference with many of the same junior pro teams they grow up playing but the school is content to play south TN middle schools and go undefeated every year. 

The Cornersville 9th grade class dominated junior pro. Forrest has won every other division and game going all the way down from this year's seniors to this year's 4 year olds.  

I agree the school board should make the game happen, huge gate! Biggest rivalry for both schools too! Yes, we have missed the opportunity to possibly have a 3 game win streak against you guys.  Last time we played each other in middle school it was a blowout win for us. 

2 minutes ago, BossDog said:

I agree the school board should make the game happen, huge gate! Biggest rivalry for both schools too! Yes, we have missed the opportunity to possibly have a 3 game win streak against you guys.  Last time we played each other in middle school it was a blowout win for us. 

What year was that?

22 minutes ago, Salem said:

IF the coaches get the kids out walking the halls there will not be a huge drop off. Can still be 7-3, 8-2 with our schedule. IF they don't and we lose the same number of kids as the previous two years there will be an immediate and painful drop off. I may suspend myself from coachT. :D

I expect (if they stay together) this year's 8th and 9th grade classes to be solid in two years. They have some very athletic kids. Rumor has it our 6th grade class is better than the seniors that just finished playing but that won't help us next year. 

Haha, well try to keep em in house.

7 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I personally think all three county schools should play one another. Then you only have to go find three more out of region games. I agree with the gates, it would be huge for all of the teams.

You could have stayed within a few scores of MHS last year and we could have this year but year in and year out they would probably win 49-7 against the smaller schools. A Cornersville, Forrest, MHS jamboree could be a big gate to rotate. 

• Upvote 1

how do we get the hallways kids to join back up @Salem

i actually thought the staff was much improved this year. Delk did a fine job with the defense and Eli made some gutsy calls. i have always been a Stacey fan. Daughrity is perhaps the best athlete I ever saw at The Rock. The QB's dad assists too I believe and seems good. HOW DO WE GET THOSE KIDS BACK