Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2020

PeabodyPride

57 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The big question of how Peabody does this year is how well their offense works. We seen times where Peabody’s offense at times got stagnant like the Fairley game last year. I like Peabody to have a good year and win some closer games. Milan same way in a lot of ways. Got to find ways to score. Defense held their own a lot especially South Gibson game last year. Ought to be two pretty good football teams. If Peabody beats Milan this year, wouldn’t surprise me if they are back in Cookeville. Milan ought to be a handful for Peabody.

Great post, in theory Milan should 9 out of 10 should beat Peabody imo schools double the size and such.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

The big question of how Peabody does this year is how well their offense works. We seen times where Peabody’s offense at times got stagnant like the Fairley game last year. I like Peabody to have a good year and win some closer games. Milan same way in a lot of ways. Got to find ways to score. Defense held their own a lot especially South Gibson game last year. Ought to be two pretty good football teams. If Peabody beats Milan this year, wouldn’t surprise me if they are back in Cookeville. Milan ought to be a handful for Peabody.

Milan will have an advantage because they won’t know what to prepare for offensively and defensively out of Milan. And trust me it will be different. They won’t have any scrimmages or jamborees to get footage of. Milan coaches will be aware especially will Jeff Morris still officially on staff. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan will have an advantage because they won’t know what to prepare for offensively and defensively out of Milan. And trust me it will be different. They won’t have any scrimmages or jamborees to get footage of. Milan coaches will be aware especially will Jeff Morris still officially on staff. 

I will agree that Milan is favored obviously, but this is not a district game and Peabody will learn a lot as will Milan as it is good test for both getting ready to get in district play. I could be wrong but I expect a low scoring game. Both teams will be solid.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I will agree that Milan is favored obviously, but this is not a district game and Peabody will learn a lot as will Milan as it is good test for both getting ready to get in district play. I could be wrong but I expect a low scoring game. Both teams will be solid.

I don’t know that I would say Milan is the favorite. I just think that what I mentioned is one advantage. Peabody will have advantages in their favor. It will be to evenly matched teams in my opinion. The biggest thing about last year’s game was Milan was not in the right mindset. I guarantee you that will not be an issue this year.

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Dogs by 2 touchdowns. 

I hope you are right. I know that our offense will be wide open! I just hope that we have plenty of time to get our timing down being that it will be brand new to us. Once that gets straight this offense will be a thing of beauty.  Defense brings back a whole lot and will be our strong suit early on.

58 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I hope you are right. I know that our offense will be wide open! I just hope that we have plenty of time to get our timing down being that it will be brand new to us. Once that gets straight this offense will be a thing of beauty.  Defense brings back a whole lot and will be our strong suit early on.

Defense will be able to handle the new offensive personnel that peabody is trying to get going. Diffee will be able to small dose the offense and react on what is being thrown at him. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I see it as one of those games that if we win it’ll be close but if y’all win it’ll be by multiples scores. We will be young in some key spots, and can only learn from the mistakes if they were to happen. Win or lose I’m excited to watch this game

On 7/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t know that I would say Milan is the favorite. I just think that what I mentioned is one advantage. Peabody will have advantages in their favor. It will be to evenly matched teams in my opinion. The biggest thing about last year’s game was Milan was not in the right mindset. I guarantee you that will not be an issue this year.

Dogs played like a team of zombies against Peabody. Looked like a different team against the Mustangs. Probably the best game the Dogs played. Great ballgame to watch. Mustangs were lucky to win.

47 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Dogs played like a team of zombies against Peabody. Looked like a different team against the Mustangs. Probably the best game the Dogs played. Great ballgame to watch. Mustangs were lucky to win.

This is all true. Players got their mind right after first game.  If we would have had better coaching in the game against y’all I feel the outcome would have been differently. Should have stuck with the passing game in the second half. Was definitely working to that point.