Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

Heck of a game tonight! We came out on top but barely. Honestly could’ve gone either way. We were tied and ran a last second play. Player shot with a few seconds left but nearly everyone in the gym thought that was the last shot but our girl got the put back for the win. Play this one 10 times it goes 5-5 in my opinion. Lady landers were heart broken of course but they played very well. Proud of how both teams handled themselves tonight. Great game to watch, now on to university. 

29 minutes ago, crow said:

Heck of a game tonight! We came out on top but barely. Honestly could’ve gone either way. We were tied and ran a last second play. Player shot with a few seconds left but nearly everyone in the gym thought that was the last shot but our girl got the put back for the win. Play this one 10 times it goes 5-5 in my opinion. Lady landers were heart broken of course but they played very well. Proud of how both teams handled themselves tonight. Great game to watch, now on to university. 

Oneida was 16-16 from the free throw line.

9 hours ago, Appvol said:

Imagine making your daughters shoot free throws for hours til they cry.  Its one of the 3 biggest aspects of the game.  YOU WILL MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!  You have to be a savage to be the best.  Making 16 out of 16 shows that the Tribe's girls have been well coached and groomed for this kind of success.  They deserve to be in the glass house.  Hopefully,  we can follow suit next year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crow said:

Foul shots won my 11 year old girls championship game.  We made 7 of 9.  I think we're going to be bringing some clutch shooters to cland in the future. 

11 hours ago, Appvol said:

We were good but I didn’t think we were perfect from the stripe. I’d say Cloudland was better percentage wise from the floor than we were honestly. 

Edited by crow

Sorry to hijack your thread guys but not a lot of football talk right now. Here’s a link to a local paper write up of last nights game. This guy is at EVERY Oneida football, boys and girls basketball, most baseball and softball, nearly every soccer and most cross country match ups as well as regularly attending golf, tennis and fishing team contests the school has. We’re very fortunate to have someone like him in our community. Oh yeah, We ended up 16-18 from the stripe. Cloudland was 4-6, that’s a huge difference in any game. 

http://www.ihoneida.com/2020/03/07/boro-bound-oneida-earns-state-tournament-berth-on-seniors-buzzer-beater/

Edited by crow

2 hours ago, crow said:

Sorry to hijack your thread guys but not a lot of football talk right now. Here’s a link to a local paper write up of last nights game. This guy is at EVERY Oneida football, boys and girls basketball, most baseball and softball, nearly every soccer and most cross country match ups as well as regularly attending golf, tennis and fishing team contests the school has. We’re very fortunate to have someone like him in our community. Oh yeah, We ended up 16-18 from the stripe. Cloudland was 4-6, that’s a huge difference in any game. 

http://www.ihoneida.com/2020/03/07/boro-bound-oneida-earns-state-tournament-berth-on-seniors-buzzer-beater/

Whats ironic is we lost the very first game of the season by a landslide of one side fouls called on us.  I thought we would fix the issue but it cost us in two more big games against ng.  We had 12 fouls to ng's 2 in the second half.  It could be that we need to tweak up how we close lanes and defend shots. 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Whats ironic is we lost the very first game of the season by a landslide of one side fouls called on us.  I thought we would fix the issue but it cost us in two more big games against ng.  We had 12 fouls to ng's 2 in the second half.  It could be that we need to tweak up how we close lanes and defend shots. 

It’s comes with that style defense. Y’all run it well. 

• 1 month later...